how to add photos ?

razinman

Active User
Registered
I wanted to show pics of my Clausing mill I just re-assembled.
I use a Nikon View NX 2

Thanks...Raz

When you are creating a thread there is a choice below the body of the post that says "Upload a file." Click on it and choose a file or files on your computer, which adds them to the post. The photos or other files must be on your computer. This gives consistently useful results.

Hi Raz,

It's usually a 2 step process:
1) get the photos off the camera
2) add the photos to the post
Which step is the problem?

Since you say Nikon, I believe this is a standalone digital camera and not one built into a cell phone.

Unfortunately step 1 can be very different for every device (camera, phone, etc.), computer operating system (Windoes, Mac, Linux) and whether you have installed the camera makers application that usually some with the camera.

The sequence usually goes like:
1a) connect the camera to the computer with a USB cable, or if using a removable memory card (SD, xD, etc.) turn off the camera, remove the memory card from the camera, and insert the card into a card-slot or adapter and connect that to the PC
1b) locate the files you want to include in your post. Usually this involves opening a file browser. Often the cameras name the photos with sequential numbers, with or without the date and time embedded in the photo name.

I will often take more photos than I need because I know some will be out of focus, bad flash etc. Therefore I usually copy all the photos for a post into a new directory on the desktop. Then I can view them with a photo viewer/editor and make any required changes (rotate, crop, brighten, etc.). I name the "fixed" one different so I know which ones I want to post.

Bob covers step 2) above.

Don't hesitate to ask for more info you you need to.
We will try to help as best we can.

-brino

Hi Raz,

It's usually a 2 step process:
1) get the photos off the camera
2) add the photos to the post
Which step is the problem?

Since you say Nikon, I believe this is a standalone digital camera and not one built into a cell phone.

Unfortunately step 1 can be very different for every device (camera, phone, etc.), computer operating system (Windoes, Mac, Linux) and whether you have installed the camera makers application that usually some with the camera.

Brino, I have a Nikon digital camera, the program they gave me is called View NX , in which I use the Digital camera, connected via a usb cable. it's a little bit of a process of pulling the pics from
the computer files looking for the ones you want and adding them to the site.
You and Bob were a big help, I get to it today.

Thanks again........Raz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back