Huanyang Vfd Wiring & Setup (vfd Newbie)

OK, I understand now. Your knowledge and assistance is much appreciated.
I can't thank you enough! Burt

Just leave the neutral unconnected, it is not used in this circuit. But do connect the ground to the ground terminal.

OK, I understand now. Your knowledge and assistance is much appreciated.
I can't thank you enough! Burt

Thank you for the kind words. It's my pleasure to help out where I can.

How do us 220v circuits work ? are they phase + phase ? (2 x 110v out of phase ?) as
Do Not connect the neutral to the VFD. It would be a direct short!:chemist:

The 7.5KW VFD is not really designed for single phase input, but according to the manual you can connect to any 2 of the R, S, T terminals for single phase operation.

Maybe we should have a sticky or something some ware, Just realized that us 220v is phase and phase where as European 220v is single phase, i.e. live and neutral go into the VFD input hear.

Stuart

How do us 220v circuits work ? are they phase + phase ? (2 x 110v out of phase ?)

Our neutral is derived from a grounded center tap on the transformer. I should note that I looked at the OP's location before I made my recommendations. If he would have been in Europe or GB, my answer would have been different.

L14-3.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5dKXa4HQwj84xyW3J6dFYjBpEepijRm9hoylvEHrCwxXsMqSH.jpg

Last edited:
Nice chart on the wiring and differences. I believe the terminology is the US 240V is split phase, EU would be single phase 240V. VFDs used in the US that are 220-240V single phase are hot to hot, there are also 120V in that are hot and neutral and they output 3 phase 200-240V. Neutral should not be tied to ground except at the main electrical box.
Electrical US vs. EU.PNG

Thanks guys for the electrical class, great info to bookmark.

I finally figured out the final piece of the puzzle. PD072 was factory set to 400hz and was screwing up the scaling. I reset this to 105hz and reran the built-in calibration on the PMDX-107 motor control card. I was able to tune the max spindle speed to 6000 rpm and now the scaling in Mach3 works perfectly.

Jay
Hi Jay I did a posting http://www.hobby-machinist.com/thre...-to-a-tb6560-3-axis-driver-blue-boards.48391/

and hope you can help me as it looks like you connected your VFD to Mack3 thanks

Hi dooshare,

Welcome to the site. I'm not familiar with your board but it looks like it has built in spindle support. It there a manual for the board?

I'm at work now but I can take a look later tonight to see if I can help but in the mean time you should post this in the" CNC in the Home Shop" forum so it will get better exposure to the CNCer's on the forum.

Thanks Jay, i reposted it under CNC home shop with more info and photos.

Thanjs for all the feedback so far. I am still looking for a solution as to why I cannot control the spindle speed with "S" commands in Mach3.

These are my settings.

PMDX-126 BOB, PMDX-107 Motor Control, ESS Motion Controller.

MOTOR, 220v, 2hp, 3ph, 1725rpm, inverter duty, class F

VFD = Huanyang HY02D223B Settings

pd001 = 1, run command = external terminals
PD002 = 1, operating frequency source = external terminals
pd003 = 60.00, main frequency
pdoo4 = 60.00, base frequency
pd005 = 120.00, max frequency
pd008 = 220, max voltage
pd141 = 220, rated motor voltage
pd142 = 8.0, rated motor current
pd143 = 4, motor pole number
pd144 = 1725, rated motor revolution
pd176 = 60.00, inverter frequency standard

ESS Settings

SPINDLE
PWM, base hz 25

Mach3 Settings

RELAY CONTROL, disabled

MOTOR CONTROL
Use Spindle Motor Output
PWM Control
PWM Base Freq = 25
Minimum PWM 5%

SPINDLE MOTOR TUNING
Steps per = 1000
Velocity = 60
Acceleration = 5000

PULLEY SELECTION
Pulley 1, Min Speed = 300, Max Speed = 6000, Ratio = 2 (4" motor pulley, 2" spindle pulley)
Pulley 2, Min Speed = 75, Max Speed = 1500, Ratio = 0.5 (2" motor pulley, 4" spindle pulley)

Thanks
Jay

hey Jay, why does the max hertz have to be set to 125, should it not be 220....fyi i'm a fng

Back