I Must Not Be Living Right

Like others have offered, I too have several types of bearings laying around. I would gladly send you what you need to get your machine up and running. I would also be willing to help out in any other way that I can.

I like to help other as much as I can, when I can. You need another angle grinder? PM me your address and I will send one to you with a hand full of disks. I'm sure plenty of other members will help you however they can. I understand this post was not meant to try and get people to help you out. But we're essentially a big family. And I will do whatever I can to help a brother out.

Seriously, PM me and I will send you an angle grinder.

Well I haven't been able to fix anything lately. Been having some issues with side effects of some of my meds. And then there is the problem of insurance for my wife that cropped up. Seems accesshealth did not renew her insurance and she has to go in to have her 3 aneurysms checked. And of course Accesshealth says to talk to Connecticare and vice versa.

I did find out one thing about my pulley though. The extended part of the inner race on the bearing is pressed into the pulley and the outer race of the top one into the top piece of the head. The bottom outer race goes into into a counterbore below. So I may have to make a spacer and weld it to the inner race of a standard bearing.

Get a bearing with the same OD but a larger ID. Make a steel bushing to press into the bore. Welding to the bearing will shorten its life considerably.

"Billy G"

I had thought of that too. Started feeling a bit better today so may get down into the shop in next couple days and see what the bearings are for sizes.

Well it was going better until last weekend. Getting ready for bed Friday night and left arm started hurting and minor chest discomfort. So off to the ER only to be admitted. Seems some scar tissue from the prostate removal (for cancer) was causing a backup of fluid. That in turn caused heart failure and a minor heart attack. Had 3 liters of fluid buildup behind the scar tissue. So after a weekend in the hospital I lost 14 pounds and have a catheter. This Wednesday I get to see my urologist to find out what he is going to do about the tissue and the enlarged bladder. But for now I can't sit for very long as it hurts and I still have the catheter. So no shop time for a while. I will be helping BillyG with his project as far as some CAD work though. So I am not totally useless yet.

If you guys would like another set of eyes on the drawings, I'd be happy to help proof them. Not saying it's necessary, but if you want it, I can make time to look them over.

Well I am doing much better. Got down into the shop for about an hour yesterday. Didn't do much but started a plan to straighten the mess up down there. Still hoping the bladder shrinks back to normal soon so my urologist can fix things to work again. Still wish I had a good miller though. Cause I spotted 4 or 5 project I started that need milling. But I guess I can forget them and just scrap the material. We all have to give up our hobby sometime.

billh50, I've got the little Atlas HM just sitting, if you'd like, you can have use of it for as long as you see fit.
Some arbors, vises, cutting tools.. it might work for you?

That is tempting. But the travel is not good for me right now. And Billy G did offer the use of his also. But I hate using other peoples stuff unless it is absolutely necessary. just the way I was taught. if you need to use something more than twice it's time to get your own.

I didn't mean for you to travel.. I'd bring the mill to you.
Keep it as long as you want. Since I got the 8520, I rarely use the Atlas.
It would be better (to me) if I knew it was being used once in a while rather than just sitting there.

Not trying to twist your arm, but the offer is there if you want it.

Back