Igaging Magnetic Scales/DRO?

Grizzly and Eagle have the same ones. I called Eagle and they were out on the 12" until late May so I went with Grizzly. I needed a few other little things from Grizzly so it worked out for the better. I didn't get them installed yet. Had to go help a friend whose car broke down. Wound up hanging out and bending elbows until late. :drink: Looks like Monday I'll try to get them installed.

PS, IIRC the scales can be cut, right?

I got my 3 pcs in on Friday after noon. By Friday night I had the Z axis installed on my Jet 16 Mill/Drill. That was a very simple installation and still left me time to ponder how I was going to go about the Y axis. By Sat evening I had the Y axis shortened and done. I hope to get the X axis done today (Sunday) then I can start figuring out how I want to mount the displays.

So far I have only used the Z axis to make parts for mounting the Y axis in the dovetail for the table stops. Just as a test I made 3 blocks separately (one spare) from rough sawn 1/2 AL and 2 came out exactly the same with one .001 out. I couldn't get that using the dials on this old tired machine.

I think I'm really going to like this ghetto DRO setup.

Steve

I installed the X yesterday. Works great! Now I've gotta do the Y and Z but first a call to Grizzly is in order. They need to check their returns better before re-selling them as "new". The 12" piece was obviously a return. The screw pack, the mag strip on the back of the display unit, and a bracket are missing and one bracket has a whole drilled into it! Unbelievable! :mad: I know it's not what most would consider a high-dollar item but I expect to get what I paid for. Tomorrow I'll try to get the Y axis done.

I'm sorry to hear that Splat! That'd have me so bent and twisted I'd never buy anything from them again. It is ludicrous to think that anyone would be happy with that purchase unless it was disclosed as a scratch and dent.

Steve

I'm sorry to hear that Splat! That'd have me so bent and twisted I'd never buy anything from them again. It is ludicrous to think that anyone would be happy with that purchase unless it was disclosed as a scratch and dent.

Yep, that's a big "Oops!" on Grizzly's part. I'm gonna call them and request a complete, new, 12" unit with a return sticker so I can send this one back. I've heard nothing but good about Grizzly. Unless I find a nice used lathe locally I will pro'lly go with them for their 11x26. But first, we'll see what happens with this.

Back