Indicating in an adjustable 6-Jaw (Fuerda)?

Yes, you are correct. I took Jeff's advice (which I am embarrassed to admit I didn't think of in the heat of the moment) and I was able to true it up pretty quickly. It's a bit of a pain fiddling with two screws at once, but it's bearable. I'll find out if it's supposed to be like this or not- if it's not, I'd like to have a correct one, if for no other reason that who knows what else was not QC'd correctly on it.

Is yours the steel (PA) or semi-steel (EA) version?

It's a PA series.

I would say that it's correct then. The PA has 3 pinions and the EA (like mine) has only 1.

Since yours has 3 there's no way to put 4 evenly spaced holes without conflicting with the one of the pinions.

So it looks like it's supposed to be that way.

You'll just have to get used to it.

Gary

Awesome, thank you! I can get used to it, but I feel better knowing that it's supposed to be that way.

I would say that it's correct then. The PA has 3 pinions and the EA (like mine) has only 1.

Since yours has 3 there's no way to put 4 evenly spaced holes without conflicting with the one of the pinions.

So it looks like it's supposed to be that way.

You'll just have to get used to it.

Gary

Yup, I agree with Gary, that's the reason for the offset spacing, the multiple pinions.

Regardless if it's an error or not you can still adjust it fine. My 5" Bison 6-jaw Set-Tru had 4 scews that were not exactly opposing each other in line. I was able to adjust it without any issues. My 6.25" Bison 6-jaw Set-Tru only has 3 screw screws & again I'm able to adjust TIR to .0002" without an issue & quickly. Doesn't seem likley that it was an error but who knows. Maybe the steel & semi-steel chucks are different for the Fuerdas? Bison does not make these in semi-steel.

I was just out using the lathe & I was mistaken (I'll edit my previous post). My 6.25" Bison 6-jaw does have 4 adjustement screws & are offset, it has 3 pinions. It's been a while since I had the 5" Bison & it's been a while since I needed to adjust the 6.25" (I check TIR often). Not sure why I thought the 6.25" had only 3 adjusting screws. The 5" Bison had 3 pinions too.

Back