Info about Cenedy Otto No.1 8.5 ton Arbor Press

RWanke

Registered
Registered
I have a Cenedy Otto No.1 8.5 ton Arbor Press. I have found very little info on this tool on the net so far. I can find quite a bit about this brand's forges and drill presses but not a mention of an Arbor Press. I am going to try to take some pics of it tomorrow and clean it up some to see if I can find any dates or other info on it. Anyone that has any knowledge of this tool they would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

This is part of a 1922 advertising reprint at the vintagemachinery.org site. Arbor press is supposedly the No. 1 although the ton rating doesn't jive with yours (unless I'm reading it wrong). Anyway, you might find more info on the vintage machinery site, it's a tremendous resource for old machine information.

A google image search for Canedy Otto arbor press also turned up a few hits of other presses out there, maybe you've seen those already.

-frank

image.png

Did some scrubbing and rubbing on this press and it is actually a 3.5 ton press. Still have not found much additional info on line about it though (thanks francist, I found the same ad and other info on the vintage machinery.org site). I also did some serious cleaning on an old anvil in my shop that has done no more than bark my shin a time or two in the last 30 years. I'm pretty sure it's a Hadfield and Sanderson Sheffield. Did some research on it and looks like it could be from the mid to late 1800s vintage from England. I am probably going to put both of these pieces up for sale as I have no need for them and need the space in my garage plus I'm trying to simplify. Anybody have a guess what they might be worth?

Back