Introduction and a couple of quick questions

Now that's what I would call good luck! Although with a 4-jaw, it isn't that critical, I would check the runout on the OD of the chuck body with it mounted to the back plate in each of the n possible orientations (n = the number of mounting holes, assuming that they are all evenly spaced on a single circle). Then use the position with the least chuck body runout. And match-mark the chuck and plate in case you ever need to remove the plate for any reason. Do the same for the 3-jaw in case you ever need to go back and use it, except that the runout measurement should be made on an accurately ground test bar (NOT on something turned in the chuck) and not on the chuck body.

Now that's what I would call good luck! Although with a 4-jaw, it isn't that critical, I would check the runout on the OD of the chuck body with it mounted to the back plate in each of the n possible orientations (n = the number of mounting holes, assuming that they are all evenly spaced on a single circle). Then use the position with the least chuck body runout. And match-mark the chuck and plate in case you ever need to remove the plate for any reason. Do the same for the 3-jaw in case you ever need to go back and use it, except that the runout measurement should be made on an accurately ground test bar (NOT on something turned in the chuck) and not on the chuck body.
Yes it's a purfect fit ....plate has a shoulder that is a exact fit into the recess on chuck....what are the odds...
thanks for the tips.
Ken

No need to clean the shop, Most of us with small work areas are often cluttered and a mess, Or at least mine is, and from the pics others post many of us have that problem, More stuff than room to put it all. Nice that the backing plate has the holes for both of your chucks. I would take the best 3 jaw, and keep it mounted on one, then the 4 jaw on the other, Unless the 2nd 3jaw is a different size where you need it sometime, I would clean it up and keep it as a spare. Good luck.

Yep. Chance in a million.

Just for future reference, what did the thread pitch in the odd plate turn out to be?

Back