inverted v templates

What is the bare minimum speed of a a Diamond wheel setup? I swear the setup motor I've got is geared way down. So maybe too slow even at full speed? I've played with the controller to the point I think I've reached it's max frequency for this motor. But seems slow. I'm going to setup a Diamond wheel hone and have most of the parts already. Wheels/backing plate/controller/motor. Small bench top stand yet to be built But I have the steel. A Simple tilt table...only need 3 degrees so that might just be a fixed setup super simple.

I ran 220 over to my bench to run the controller so that part is in place...anyway. What RPM? I don't know if this gets up to 300 even. I can post pictures of the motor plate and gear box if that helps. Maybe I have the controller setup wrong?

Paul

The speed (surface feet per minute, SFM) is dependent on the diameter where the contact is. SFM is determined by diameter and rpm.

The speed (surface feet per minute, SFM) is dependent on the diameter where the contact is. SFM is determined by diameter and rpm.

OK Gotcha, I'll be using 6" wheels. I'll figure out the max RPM so I can see what it is.
Paul

My GrindRLap runs at about 400 rpm. It has a 5" OD diamond wheel with a 1" wide face on it. I don't remember the grits, something like a 240 and 800. Also have a disc that can be charged with diamond for lapping.

20150423083109601_L.JPG

OK I've got the word that my motor runs at a max of 200 RPM with a 6" disc I will be mounting. So looks like 314 sfm at outer edge of disc. I really want to find one of those Grind-R-Lap tables. Otherwise I have to make one. That'll be fun I don't have a rotary table yet.

Paul

Back