Is ebay for Millionaires?

they are sell a similar on ebay for 2995 dollars

Offering for sale and selling are very different things, additionally if an offer is accepted through eBay the sale is reported at listed price not accepted offer price :D

Years ago eBay had lots to offer while industry was switching to cnc . Now most old manual iron and tooling has sold off leaving sites much smaiier selling import crap which I buy my consumables from. Not much variety to pick from these days, most sellers sell the same stuff close in price. Luckily I bought enough stuff to last my lifetime back in the day and don't frequent there much these days! What really ****** me off was while bidding someone would snipe me at the last moments and I lost many bids this way! I didn't shop there for years, only recently buying from the buy it now offers. There's still demand for iron and stuff but lack of availability has driven prices way up!

What really ****** me off was while bidding someone would snipe me at the last moments and I lost many bids this way!

I use a sniping tool for things I really want, it saves me sitting at the PC and placing a last second bid, it's within the rules and it's not good tactics to tip your hand early at any auction, you should wait until the bidding is almost over to make your move ;-)

One reason prices have gone up is because of eBays keyword price suggestion tool. For example, if I describe my item as a silk purse, eBay will recommend I price it at their silk purse price. Even if I’m mistaken, and the item is actually only a sow’s ear. This is where being over educated as a buyer can pay dividends, or cost in dummy tax, for those who aren’t quite sure the nuanced differences between those two items. The seller who doesn’t know what he has, will be willing to list the item for a hundred bucks if EBay gives a hundred dollar price suggestion based on his title of “silk purse”. Just as the uninformed buyer may well pay a hundred bucks, and be sorely disappointed when he gifts the item to his blushing bride. But I don’t know that anybody really buys silk purses anymore.

One reason prices have gone up is because of eBays keyword price suggestion tool. For example, if I describe my item as a silk purse, eBay will recommend I price it at their silk purse price. Even if I’m mistaken, and the item is actually only a sow’s ear. This is where being over educated as a buyer can pay dividends, or cost in dummy tax, for those who aren’t quite sure the nuanced differences between those two items. The seller who doesn’t know what he has, will be willing to list the item for a hundred bucks if EBay gives a hundred dollar price suggestion based on his title of “silk purse”. Just as the uninformed buyer may well pay a hundred bucks, and be sorely disappointed when he gifts the item to his blushing bride. But I don’t know that anybody really buys silk purses anymore.
Yes
But you see the goods relisted over and over again. I am interested in a product and the seller requests almost new price.
He has a make a offer but he refuses to go down the price
But if you have space and the time and not in need of money, it can be worth waiting for

I believe another reason ePay prices have gotten so high is that between ePay fees on both the sale price and the shipping + Paypals cut the actual seller ends up with squat. I recently sold a piece of electronics, when all was done over 23% of the sale price ended up going to ePay & Paypal. That is the problem of having just one online market with no real competition.

In Germany over the last years ebay.de is in decline.
Reasons may be the high fee for selling and on the other hand you don´t know what you get. Ebay-offers are mostly priced over and lots of articles are offered for month and don´t get sold.
Hardest competitor ist home made: ebay-kleinanzeigen.de.
ebay-kleinanzeigen.de does not cost any fee, it´s not an auction, you can send messages to the sellers and you can negotiate via messages. There´s no time limit (even one buyer was faster than you). And usually it is much cheaper - at least because of the not existing fee. Most time you can check the offer on the spot before you sell it.
Most (used) things I like to have or I can´t get as new I buy at the kleinanzeigen. Ebay created the kleinanzeigen when they noticed cost free advertising markets came up and their sales figures went down.
Maybe ebay.de will be dead in a few years.

Back