It's Home !!!

Billh50

RIP 2018
Rest In Peace
Well the mill is off the trailer and in the garage. I haven't taken pics yet. That will have to wait til tomorrow. I am too tired right now.
But I will take pics tomorrow. It needs some cleaning up as there is some rust preventative all over it. It looks like he just took a brush and slopped it all over. But for the deal I got I can't complain at all. Plus if it wasn't for the good folks here who helped I wouldn't have it at all. Tomorrow is clean up day and then start cutting metal for the base.

Glad she came home to where it will be appreciated and loved. Bill make your base just high enough to sit and work. Or have a tall stool. I know I made mine just high enough I can reach the top to change collets . But I'm really leaning towards getting er32-40 collet set so I don't have to reach up. If I get all the same size er collets ill use them in all my machines . Atlas Mill , lathe , mill drill , even my enco mini Bridgeport type. It's r8 so l need two adapters r8 and one 2 morse and the er lathe adapter. But it'll be best I think. For me I mean.

So when do you yell at me to get my "stuff" out of your way? :beer:

Went ou to the garage to start the torpedo heater so I can start cleaning up the mill and cutting stock for the stand. But the torpedo heater was just blowing smoke. Guess I need to clean that first so I can heat up the garage.
Anyway, here's a pic of the mill sitting on the floor.

P1010024.JPG

Looks pretty stout. I can't wait to see it in person. If you don't want to finish the dials, I'll understand, no worries!

OH, did you sleep last night or were you running through the new project list? LOL..

Congratulations, Bill! If you need or want help on any of this, there are H-M members in your area willing and happy to lend a hand...

Bill I may have a r-8 to 2 Morse taper adapter.
Let me look
Thanks scruffy ron

I have so much to do. Have to fix the wifes plow truck again. I think the $100 harness I put in 2 weeks ago is no good. But being electrical they won't warranty it. Have to make the stand for the mill and get the mill on it in place. But have to fix my garage heater first.

Been too cold to do anything in the garage, Kerosene heater quit and I can't figure out what's wrong. Friend brought another one over tonight so hopefully can get some heat in the garage to start the stand. If so will post pics as I go along.
Told the wife her truck will have to wait a couple days til we get a warmer day.

Back