Junk Art By Ulma Doctor

Good one Doc! As a fellow repurposer I love the explanation of what the parts are. Sometimes it’s evident, sometimes it’s not. It‘s what I love about junk art is the unexpected. I’m jealous you have the time and energy to punch so many out.

I’ve been gathering parts and ideas for a weathervane for my SO. After doing 3 with my neighbor she has gotten adamant we need one. My engineering pile is the tops of the two outside lights that got replaced in our remodel. They were brass ship style. They scream “UFO” to my inner junkyard dog. I’ve looked and nobody seems to have a UFO weathervane :)

Good one Doc! As a fellow repurposer I love the explanation of what the parts are. Sometimes it’s evident, sometimes it’s not. It‘s what I love about junk art is the unexpected. I’m jealous you have the time and energy to punch so many out.

I’ve been gathering parts and ideas for a weathervane for my SO. After doing 3 with my neighbor she has gotten adamant we need one. My engineering pile is the tops of the two outside lights that got replaced in our remodel. They were brass ship style. They scream “UFO” to my inner junkyard dog. I’ve looked and nobody seems to have a UFO weathervane :)
Thank you Tony!!!
This kinda stuff keeps me from bouncing off the walls

I love the idea of a UFO weathervane!

This kinda stuff keeps me from bouncing off the walls
Like you need to let these creative surges out, or is work slack right now?
I love the idea of a UFO weathervane
it is truly engineering to stock. I was at a loss and SO was not very directional with what exactly she wanted. I’ve been so busy with production I could only ponder and saw the old lamps and got a dawning. Problem is when it stays in the virtual it always ends up going into thermal runaway. I started off wanting to put louvers in it so it would spin in the wind, now I want the louvers to go in opposite directions so the top and bottom spin in opposite directions. Just the louvers means I’d have to make curved louver press tool which I’ve never even made a regular one for flat surfaces. Probably writing checks I can’t cash, but it keeps me thinking and dreaming.

Attachments

• 46E9AE4E-5B69-43BE-B110-69231A923E8C.jpeg
    46E9AE4E-5B69-43BE-B110-69231A923E8C.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 4
  • 4FA92E70-3715-4783-83B2-D5E35E92D445.jpeg
    4FA92E70-3715-4783-83B2-D5E35E92D445.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 4
Like you need to let these creative surges out, or is work slack right now?

it is truly engineering to stock. I was at a loss and SO was not very directional with what exactly she wanted. I’ve been so busy with production I could only ponder and saw the old lamps and got a dawning. Problem is when it stays in the virtual it always ends up going into thermal runaway. I started off wanting to put louvers in it so it would spin in the wind, now I want the louvers to go in opposite directions so the top and bottom spin in opposite directions. Just the louvers means I’d have to make curved louver press tool which I’ve never even made a regular one for flat surfaces. Probably writing checks I can’t cash, but it keeps me thinking and dreaming.
That looks fantastic!!!! I see now how the UFO idea came about.

I wish work was slack, I’d be making junk art all the time.
I just get an hour or 2 here and there and weekends to divide my time, sometimes I go to the garage when everyone is asleep and blow off excess energy.
Some of my best work happens when there is nobody looking

Back