Logan 200 motor pulley question

larrylarry

Registered
Registered
As I piece together my first lathe, a logan 200 from 1942, I have come to find everything I need on ebay except a pulley. The pulley that has me stumped is the motor pulley. The previous owner of my lathe replaced the motor and popped on a random pulley! Its just a tiny little pulley on the motor. I haven't been able to find a logan original motor, and a new one is out of my price range. So I was wondering if someone could measure the OD of the step pulleys. I think I may be able to buy 2 different pulleys and swap them on as needed - but the logan site lists a diameter and not whether that is taken where the belt sits or overall diameter. Thanks to all

Model 200 pulley:

Inner is 2 5/16" OD, outer is 4 1/4" OD. This is measured at the rim, not where the belt sits.

If you can give me a day to rummage through my logan parts I might be able to find one for you. If so you can have it for the postage. Chuck

You know I always wondered , as long as the motor shaft is long enough, why couldn't we stack two pully's on the motor shaft, Flat side, to Flat side, to give you your 2 speed pulley.
Or am I missing something?

You know I always wondered , as long as the motor shaft is long enough, why couldn't we stack two pully's on the motor shaft, Flat side, to Flat side, to give you your 2 speed pulley.
Or am I missing something?

If you can give me a day to rummage through my logan parts I might be able to find one for you. If so you can have it for the postage. Chuck
Well, That's better yet. Nice of you too.

First off let me thank everyone for replying. That said..what a strange set of sizes! I would stack 2 pulleys but I don't think I can find those sizes. Chuck if you can find a pulley (even if the shaft is not 5/8" I can just get another motor) I would happily purchase it from you - thanks!

First off let me thank everyone for replying. That said..what a strange set of sizes! I would stack 2 pulleys but I don't think I can find those sizes. Chuck if you can find a pulley (even if the shaft is not 5/8" I can just get another motor) I would happily purchase it from you - thanks!
If you have a 4 jaw, you could dial the pulley in, and bore the hole to 5/8",and cut a key way with the lathe.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yes - it may come down to doing some custom work. Electric motors are fairly easy for me to find though - probably would just grab myself a new 1/2hp or so.

Go with a 3/4 HP, you won't regret if you ever try to turn something large and expect to take some decent hogging cuts at the beginning of your work.

I'm sorry to say that I can't come up with the pulley for you. I cleared out a lot of stuff a while back. I think the pulley might have went with a motor. This is exactly why I hold onto stuff that others would consider junk. As soon as I get rid of it I'm looking for it.

Back