Lufkin Jig Bore Inside Micrometer Set

Bob, new to Ebay, new to the forum, new to the machinist community. I think I need to play around with Ebay's shipping settings to take it off Expedited priority mail?

Unless one has a jig borer or milling machine with jig bore setup, these are nearly worthless to possess, and if one does have such a machine, a DRO makes for a much more convenient method of feature location, with much less chance of mistakes to be made.

Unless one has a jig borer or milling machine with jig bore setup, these are nearly worthless to possess, and if one does have such a machine, a DRO makes for a much more convenient method of feature location, with much less chance of mistakes to be made.
We were recently posting about calibrating DRO scale installations, and I think that set could be quite useful for the job, It would probably need some kind of a jig to hold for the standards.

That is indeed the problem, and this setup is used with a tenth reading indicator with auxiliary spring pressure to compress the gage rod stack; btw, I have the gage rod and mics and at least one indicator housing, that I would let go of, perhaps trade for something?
This setup came with the 3" bar Universal horizontal boring mill that I had; I think I only ever used it perhaps once, as it has verniers on vertical and table movement, that was as close as I needed to worry about.

Oh, also the "jig" used is a 90 degree included angle Vee slot with a tee slot alongside to hold the indicator in place and then a finger that is attached to the moving member (table or saddle) that bears on the end of the gage rod/ micrometer stack. The gage rods and micrometer all have integral collars on them that bear against the vee slot. Some on e bay advertise these sets as "standards"; in a way they are, but unlike micrometer standards, they are not spherical on the ends, but are flat, like gage blocks; it is difficult to use them for mike standards because the mike has to be perfectly seated on the flat surface, which is not so easy; setting mikes with gage blocks is the same story.

Back