1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. There are some site issues which I am working on. There may be reduced functionality in some modules while I do. Thank you for your patience.

Dismiss Notice

[Lathe] Mach3 Index/rpm Problem In Turn. Works Fine In Mill V.62

Discussion in 'CNC IN THE HOME SHOP' started by countryguy, Nov 8, 2016.

1. countryguy

countryguy United States Active User Active Member

City:
    Fenton
    State:
    Michigan

-Return to Top-

Hi everyone,

I have been digging around all day on this one. Time to ask the H&M Grand Poobah collective!

Trying to make Winter my "CNC Turn" project.
    • Mache in Mill mode runs fine to display RPMs.
    • Mach3 in Turn mode will NOT display anything.
    • In Mach3 Turn mode I have the same settings as Mill mode. Index pulse lights cycles as I turn in/out of reflection in Turn. I have tried various debounce values and have 0 in there for now. I'm at a loss for now.
    One item, maybe a clue? In Mill Mode, RPMs do not show up unless I have the Spindle CW button clicked. It highlights yellow and RPMs take off.
    In turn mode, I did try the 'reverse' option but again, I'm guessing and doing 4 different projects at once.

2. countryguy

countryguy United States Active User Active Member

City:
    Fenton
    State:
    Michigan

-Return to Top-

13:39 mark of this Video. Good vid btw. Need to click the Spindle button on Turns screen! Will check tomorrow but I am 99% sure this is my issue.

YEP, SOLVED. Press the BIG button called SPINDLE. :) Next up VFD control from MAch.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    JimDawson, rdean and TomS like this.