Mach3 Or Cambam Problem

Ah ha! I'm guessing the HSM code changed something in Mach3. Have you rebooted the computer since you ran that code?

Yes. Rebooted multiple times. I'm going to generate code using Fusion 360. If it runs correctly then that will confirm what you are saying.

Tom S.

Maybe take a look at these settings, compared to the defaults below.

upload_2016-11-3_19-12-44.png

This is how it loads on my system. Is this the correct orientation?

TS Cambam.png

so for my clarity, the first picture you posted is how it's supposed to cut? And when you load it into Mach, the toolpath display is mirrored about the yaxis? Have you done a dry run to see if it actually tries to cut that way? Could your display in mach just be flipped? direction pin in your settings got changed?

Maybe take a look at these settings, compared to the defaults below.

View attachment 138611

The one difference I see is G21. I have G20 on my machine which makes sense as I run in inch mode.

Tom S.
so for my clarity, the first picture you posted is how it's supposed to cut? And when you load it into Mach, the toolpath display is mirrored about the yaxis? Have you done a dry run to see if it actually tries to cut that way? Could your display in mach just be flipped? direction pin in your settings got changed?

The tool path is displayed correctly in Mach. I did an "air" pass and the actual tool path is a Y axis mirror of what the display shows. My configuration settings have not changed. I saved screen shots of the settings when I first setup Mach about 2 years ago. If I do change a direction setting I would check the Y Axis Dir Low Active box, correct? It now has a red X in the box.

Tom S.

if it's already checked you would uncheck it, but it seems odd that that would have changed. Something else is afoot.

if it's already checked you would uncheck it, but it seems odd that that would have changed. Something else is afoot.

Problem solved, sort of. I unchecked the Dir Active Low box and now the cutter follows the tool path displayed on the Mach main screen using Fusion generated code. Before changing the motor Dir setting I ran the tool path with Fusion code and it followed the mirrored tool path. So Fusion didn't do anything to cause the problem.

Still don't know what caused it to change. I double checked my motor settings and they were as they were since I initially set up my machine a couple of years ago. Hmmm! Still a mystery but the mill is back up and running.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Tom S.

Remember that any mach3 changes you have to save them yourself under options (I believe I'll check), just saying "OK" out of the menu will cause the settings to revert once mach3 is reopened.

Back