Machinable Non Compressible Insultator

They were still using phenolic timing gear in the '90. Particularly the Buick 3.8V6 that we serviced at the dealership. Many Small Block Chev V8s also ran the large cam gear which was phenolic. The reason was for lower chain noise.
Pierre

Phenolic is a great material. Stable, machinable and can withstand compression. Just be careful when machining and avoid breathing the dust.

Paul.

My lady and I were in Nordagutu earlier this summer visiting family.
Pierre

Yep, and if you compare like sizes (I used 3/4inch diameter for a baseline for comparing materials) its over $10 per inch

You failed to add "cheapest possible" machinable non compressible insulator, glass and granite are also machinable though not cheaply.

You failed to add "cheapest possible" machinable non compressible insulator, glass and granite are also machinable though not cheaply.

LOL. Cheapest possible? No I am sure I can find something cheaper. Glass and granite have to be ground and polished. While grinding is part of machining the clarification should be easily machinable. I'm always amused when people are spending somebody else's money they don't care how much it costs. LOL.

I can't spend your money only you and possibly your Wife can do that (-:

You inquired about a material for a specific application in a measuring tool and I supplied one that would work well and is not over the top expensive unless your threshold of expensive is more then $0

I can't spend your money only you and possibly your Wife can do that (-:

You inquired about a material for a specific application in a measuring tool and I supplied one that would work well and is not over the top expensive unless your threshold of expensive is more then $0

Thank you for that. I did look at machinable ceramics. Now you are just being an obtuse * ____ , but this is the Internet and that is to be expected. Thank you for your useful suggestion, and to a lesser degree for your less useful suggestion as well.

* appropriately and equally insulting, but not vulgar.

Back