Machinest tool chest

My wood is .500 thick, I think i'll stick with biscuits. I do worry about someone 20 years down the road dropping it on a corner, though. Their loss, I won't be there.

View attachment 240918 View attachment 240919 View attachment 240920 View attachment 240921 View attachment 240922 View attachment 240923 View attachment 240924 I was looking on Craig's List for a good deal on a tool chest because I had ran out of room on what I had available. After nothing was turning up, I decided to just make my own the way I wanted it. It is built from black ash which I had milled several years ago and waiting for a project.
The drawers are built from poplar and lined with felt glued to removable panels. It is also on heavy duty castors so it can be moved around if needed. Now I need to find some side jobs so I can afford to put some more tooling in it. This is an expensive hobby. Lol
Nice work. Which is the expensive hobby, the woodworking to make it, or the machining ? :(

Thanks for the nice compliments on the tool chest everyone. I guess it's all about being in your shop creating something that keeps us motivated. I sure enjoy my time, weather I'm working with wood or metal, it's all fun.

Nice job. I use dovetails, dominos, or biscuits, depending on my mood that day. But not dowels. Too damn finicky!

Back