Metal Supermarkets In Portland OR

Nogoingback

Registered
Registered
I ran over there the other day to pick up something and was reminded that they usually have a good selection
of aluminum drops available for sale by the pound. Here's what the selection looked like the other day. Just
thought this might be useful for you local folks that need material for the mill.

IMG_1292.jpeg

Woah, thats way more than usual! I haven't been there in a couple years now, but they typically only have a couple of shelves of aluminum.

Just discovered a "metal supermarket" in Jacksonville Florida just 45 minutes from me. It is GREAT, They are GREAT FOLKS there.

It ebbs and flows, but the last time I was there, over a year ago, they had tons of 6061.

Will they let you dig in their scrap bins? The one in Charlotte, NC I used to go to would. I would pull out scrap pieces like that and the manager would sell them to me at 50 to 80 cents a pound for aluminum depending on current scrap prices. If I bought drops from their inventory it would cost alot more.

Basically, you're looking at the scrap bin. The room is just to the left when you walk in the front door. They also have other
drops from steel tube and sheet but there wasn't as much to show. The prices per pound were
posted on the wall.

Woah, thats way more than usual! I haven't been there in a couple years now, but they typically only have a couple of shelves of aluminum.
That is more than usual I think, but every time I go they seem to have a decent selection of aluminum block like that.

Back