1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

[Deals] Mic Set

Discussion in 'METROLOGY - MEASURE, SETUP & FIT' started by NCjeeper, Sep 27, 2016.

1. NCjeeper

NCjeeper United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Charlotte
    State:
    North Carolina

-Return to Top-

I picked up a 0-6" Mitutoyo set in awesome condition for a very good price. So A little tool gloat here. :big grin:

2. Bob Korves

Bob Korves H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Sacramento
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

Let's hear the whole gloat with the prices... I got a set of nice Mitutoyo 103 series mics, 1-5", .0001", with the standards and tools, at a yard sale for $50. I also got at the same place 3 tenths reading indicators, a BesTest DTI, a Mitutoyo dial indicator, and a vintage large dial Starrett last word in the case with the accessories for $10 each, all .0001", mind you. This was from a newly retired grinder hand. The sale was "opens at 8:00 am, absolutely no early birds." I got turned around and was a little over five minutes late, and there were half a dozen guys going through a PILE of his tools like crazy people. I jumped into the fray too, and these were the only things left I could find that I actually could use, sure wish I would have arrived on time, those guys got the real deals... I almost bought a .000050" Mahr snap gage similar to the one below for $40. He had 3 of them. When would I actually have a legitimate use for it? All of his stuff was in nice condition, if only I would have got there on time...
    th?id=OIP.M85bc3b8a86c0542d552c2c668e6c0213o0&w=205&h=164&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1.jpg

royesses likes this.
  3. westsailpat

westsailpat United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    long beach
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

You are killin' me Bob .

4. kd4gij

kd4gij United States Active User Active Member

City:
    St. Petersburg
    State:
    Florida

-Return to Top-

We need pictures or it never happened.:dunno:

fixit likes this.
  5. mikey

mikey Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Honolulu
    State:
    Hawaii

-Return to Top-

ME TOO!!!

6. NCjeeper

City:
    Charlotte
    State:
    North Carolina

-Return to Top-

Here they are.
    DSCF1297_zps69pz3j1y.jpg

4gsr likes this.
  7. NCjeeper

City:
    Charlotte
    State:
    North Carolina

-Return to Top-

O yeah I paid 300 bucks for the set. I thought that to be a good deal.