[Deals] Mic Set

Let's hear the whole gloat with the prices... I got a set of nice Mitutoyo 103 series mics, 1-5", .0001", with the standards and tools, at a yard sale for $50. I also got at the same place 3 tenths reading indicators, a BesTest DTI, a Mitutoyo dial indicator, and a vintage large dial Starrett last word in the case with the accessories for $10 each, all .0001", mind you. This was from a newly retired grinder hand. The sale was "opens at 8:00 am, absolutely no early birds." I got turned around and was a little over five minutes late, and there were half a dozen guys going through a PILE of his tools like crazy people. I jumped into the fray too, and these were the only things left I could find that I actually could use, sure wish I would have arrived on time, those guys got the real deals... I almost bought a .000050" Mahr snap gage similar to the one below for $40. He had 3 of them. When would I actually have a legitimate use for it? All of his stuff was in nice condition, if only I would have got there on time...
th?id=OIP.M85bc3b8a86c0542d552c2c668e6c0213o0&w=205&h=164&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1.jpg

O yeah I paid 300 bucks for the set. I thought that to be a good deal.

Back