Micke's Vintage Munktell Lathe

The QCTP fits well on the lathe. The tool height is correct and it is just to turn a bushing. It is now cleaned & lubed and the ungrinded surfaces are sandblasted for a nice finish to hide any scratches.

20150329_202028.jpg

Looks like you are always in the right place at the right time for all the bargains. Were you able to save the overhead shaft and pulley system? I would love to have that setup. Cheers, Mike

Yes I've had great luck in a couple of machine projects and old iron is the real thing. The big sheet metal and rod cutter is here but I had to decline the bandsaw since it was too large. The garage is about as full as a filled suitcase at the moment :excitement: The belt transmission is left at the place. The plan for the building is to renovate it for residential use and keep some stuff like the fixed parts of the belt transmission.

Re the flat belt pulleys, one has to be conVEX, not concave for them to run centrally - barrel shaped, not hourglass!
Nice looking machine, I think you'll enjoy it!

Stockholm?
I think my wife would still call Vaxjo home. She was born and raised in the USA, however she spent several years there going to school and living with family.
This past summer two of her friends from Lunby stayed with us for two weeks.

If for some reason you can't find a belt, let us know. Freight might get uncomfortably expensive, But someone should be able to find you the correct length/width.
Yes, slightly concave. The physics on this if really fun. Not that I understand the math.
From the pics she looks clean.
Please keep in touch!

Daryl
MN
CONVEX for flat belts

It is 10 months since I took home the old Munktell lathe. Not much has happened but this weekend I arranged the necessary space by removing a storage room in the garage.

To be continued...

DSC04483.JPG

Demolition is always fun, a good way to vent, and you see a lot of progress in a short period of time. Looks like a good start. Mike

You are right, it was a good kicks-starter. The work goes on and the walls and roof are now painted. So the area is more or less ready for the beast and other machinery.
There is a lot of more fun work to do as installing 3-phase and single phase outlets, and to install a couple of light armatures.
DSC04498.jpg

DSC03492.JPG

Back