might make a GREAT score........maybe

tfleming

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A good friend of mine is working on clearing out the machine shop at the place he works out. He asked me if I wanted this:

413588413.jpg

I jumped all over it. He is going to ask the owner and see where it goes from there......

that is a great find! I would look for one, but my BP clone doesn't have the correct end on the ram. Good luck - and if you get it, post some more pictures!

so, a wee bit of background. I sold some other toys, because I decided that I "needed" a Bridgeport. So, I traded 1 toy for another. Here is what I have so far:

Mill, with rotary phase converter included:

413590108.jpg

413590107.jpg

Then, I thought, what the heck, I need one of these:

413590105.jpg

413590104.jpg

and this:

413590237.jpg

And of course, the shaper at the beginning of the thread (if that deal comes through).

Remember, I sold some other toys to "trade" for these................. so far, I have about $2k invested in what I have shown so far. :encourage:

Now all I have to do is make the arbor for the 90 degree horizontal attachment. I think I am going to used pre-hardened 4140. I also am debating upon whether or not to machine the R8 taper in it, or just go with a 0.750 straight shaft, and use a collet to hold it. Input and thoughts are appreciated. I also want to add an X axis power feed at some point as well.

In my toy collection I just happen to have that horizontal arbor . :grin big:

Any one have a pic of the BP shaper attachment installed ? Never seen one

so, a wee bit of background. I sold some other toys, because I decided that I "needed" a Bridgeport. So, I traded 1 toy for another. Here is what I have so far:

Mill, with rotary phase converter included:

413590108.jpg

413590107.jpg

Then, I thought, what the heck, I need one of these:

413590105.jpg

413590104.jpg

and this:

413590237.jpg

And of course, the shaper at the beginning of the thread (if that deal comes through).

Remember, I sold some other toys to "trade" for these................. so far, I have about $2k invested in what I have shown so far. :encourage:

Now all I have to do is make the arbor for the 90 degree horizontal attachment. I think I am going to used pre-hardened 4140. I also am debating upon whether or not to machine the R8 taper in it, or just go with a 0.750 straight shaft, and use a collet to hold it. Input and thoughts are appreciated. I also want to add an X axis power feed at some point as well.
The one reason I'd use a straight shaft over the r8 direct drive. If there's ever a jam it may spin in the collet with some gulling done , if it jams with the r8 something is gonna break. Garreenteed

MMCMDL, any chance I could get a few dimensions off of you so I can duplicate it? The 2 dimensions I am really looking for are, overall length, and the diameter of the support arm end (and length of that diameter).

Last edited:
dlane, here is a link. It isn't a Bridgeport shaper, but it mounts and works the same. There are a couple of videos out there if you search Bridgeport shaper

Mr. Fleming, did you ever tear down this power feed you purchased a year ago?
I have one on my mill also. Just curious

Back