Models for grinding HSS Lathe Tools

Hey Jeff & Barry,

I would be happy to send a set up to Barry - Son and Daughter-in-law & grandkids there so used to the experience/costs involved.

No problems!

Dave Harris

Dave

Sounds good to me. I'll send you PM and put Barry after you on the list.
Thanks

Barry
I'll PM you contact info that you can forward to when you are done.

As dumb as it sounds, I wouldn't mind some 3d models

I could 3d print them and send them out to new machinists for next to nothing, sure they won't be 100% accurate once printed but it should give people grinding their first tools a good idea of what kind of shape they are looking for in 3 dimensions

Dave,

Thank you very much! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to reimburse some of the extra expense you may incur.

Jeff,

Sounds good!

Barry

As dumb as it sounds, I wouldn't mind some 3d models

I could 3d print them and send them out to new machinists for next to nothing, sure they won't be 100% accurate once printed but it should give people grinding their first tools a good idea of what kind of shape they are looking for in 3 dimensions

That would be awesome! Can you get on the list and model the tools? If there is a demand, you could send them out for a fee to cover all your costs and maybe a little bit for yourself. If I was a new guy and could buy something to keep, I would do it.

I just got notified that my new ceramic belts are shipping - finally. I get to review them for you here and that will be cool. Sorry it's taking so long but if you've ever had an old belt snap on you when your hands are next to them then you understand why I ordered new belts.

I was speaking to Bonehead last night and he cracked up when I told him I posted a picture of my early tools and his note. In his typical sensitive manner, he said, "You mean that even after they saw how you grind tools, there is still interest?" :bang head:

Any chance a newbie guy on here that noone knows can get in on this? I'd even help out if possible. I have some unground tools that I could send out to someone for the cause. Thank you all.

Metal, if you go through with the idea of 3D printing I would like to be on that list also. Let me know the costs associated when you are ready.

Any chance a newbie guy on here that noone knows can get in on this? I'd even help out if possible. I have some unground tools that I could send out to someone for the cause. Thank you all.

Heck yeah, you can get in on this. PM @Z2V and ask him to put you on the list.

Love your avatar pic, by the way!

Back