Msc/enco Worried?

Yup I think my account was automerged from Enco. I just looked at an email I got from MSC from last week "Happy New Year to Our Enco Customers". In the email it says all orders over $49 ship free. Of course it doesn't matter to me cause I just walk in the store & never pay shipping but I just added over $50 in the cart. Showed a shipping charge in the summary but sure enough when I go to checkout shipping is free.

Just wanted to point that out in case anyone missed it.

So I tried to give MSC a shot yesterday. I tried to order some casters that were on sale. Well their website sucks when you try and check out. I also had a free shipping code. I got one price for the items in my cart. When I added the free shipping code it raised the prices of the casters. :eek 2: I gave up and went on E-bay and ordered some way cheaper.

Zoro is part of Grainger. I use a Grainger item number at Zoro and price is 20 to 30% cheaper and ships from Grainger

I don't even look at MSC's discount codes anymore. 90% of the time they don't even work for me. My salesman said he's tried applying them to my orders, sometimes my price with my account is cheaper than when the discounts would normally get you. Yes I do know their price tactics are much like Grainger, Zoro, Fastenal, etc where some of their prices are higher than retail but I never pay those prices.

Here's a test....I'm just curious. I currently have these 2 items in my cart with no codes applied. What prices do you guys see on them?

Item #00265389 Starrett 91C tap wrench. List $120.24, my price $98.40

Item #46820825 Pferd 10" file. Qty 10 min order, list $24.78ea $247.80, my price $156.10

$98 for the 91C is cheaper than anywhere else I have found online. Starrett sells it for $116. I see then on ebay for $100 used.
$98.40 for the tap wrench and $15.61 ea. in lots of 10 for the files

Durn it! Dealing with MSC is beginning to sound like buying airline tickets :(

Back