MSC promo codes

jpfabricator

Active User
Registered
Anyone have a promo code for MSC?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Their codes are all posted right on the front page of the website. There is also a pull down tab for special offers.

Like Randy stated, they always post some promotions on their front page but there are also promotions that are sent to subscribed users via email that aren't posted on their site.

Unfortunately you just missed one of those email promotions that ended on the 13th.

MY frustration with MSC is their "up to" discounts.

The discount darkzero mentioned for example :

To save up to 40%, Enter Promo Code: MW40
To save up to 35%, Enter Promo Code: MRO35
Offer Valid 6/12/17 - 6/13/17

You need to click on an item to find out if the discount applies and the % discount - which is a % off some ill-defined catalog price.

For example, I go into the MSC site and get my "ENCO" prices. I click on an item, the discount is not from my ENCO price, but the price changes to this ill-defined catalog price and then the % discount. Sometimes the effect is zero, sometimes trivial. Rarely worth mentioning.

MSC has always done the "up to x%" for as long as I remember buying from them. People often get upset cause they don't notice the "up to" part. I understand the reasoning for it though. My guess is that they aren't willing to loose money on items as in lower than their cost. They would rather loose the sale than to loose revenue, they sell enough in volume.

Enco on the other hand wasn't like this as you all know. You could get items for below cost, my guess is they relied more on volume during sales.

Many places have brand exclusions for their sales, again probably cause their margins on those brands aren't great.

And as many of you know, MSC's list prices are often higher than MSRP so a discount may just get you a fair price rather than an awesome deal. When I log in to MSC to view prices, most of the time the prices are very reasonable or a bit lower than anywhere else I van find online but not always. Bit my account was npt always like that. Many times a discount code won't even apply an additional discount to my logged in price. Misleading in some people eyes but I'm ok with it. Luckily I have a local MSC & my salesguy can sometimes apply a deeper discount for me that I can't ever get online.

Back