Need some assistance with wiring. Single phase China motor for Shoptask

As far as I know that is the correct motor for the mill, and to be honest it wouldn’t surprise me if the motor was the original from when the machine was bought new back in 1994. As for the DC conversion i have been looking at the craigslist to see what is available in the cheaper $50 - $125 range treadmill's and you would be surprised to what you can find. I have also been looking for some schematics for the machines that I have been finding and so far it looks promising. The more simple machines without all the fancy features like auto adjustments for target heart rate and such seem to be an easy straight forward install. You have a power cord that plugs into the convertor, that plugs in to the motor control board (in a lot of cases the converter and control board are one in the same), the motor and a choke (resistor I assume) that plug into the control board, and then there is a potentiometer that plugs into the control board to make the speed adjustment... that it 5 - 6 pieces/parts...

http://www.instructables.com/files/orig/FL4/W8NM/FMEG9UME/FL4W8NMFMEG9UME.pdf

The real trick is finding someone to let me take their tread mill apart beforehand so I can see if the motor has an output shaft and motor mount flange that will/or can be made to work on my shop task before I buy it... But that will be a long term project something probably saved for after the first of the year/tax refund time. For now I think I just might pick up what I need to make the mill/lathe motor swap as easy as posible when I need to make the change.

MIKE96, any chance I could get a copy of your 1720 manual, I can't find one anywhere and my wiring got messed up for the mill motor, cord got caught in the gears!

Thanks Rich

Back