New Guy Here But Not Online

wmgeorge

Registered
Registered
Hello I have been doing HSM hobby wise for a number of years, maybe 20 maybe a little more. Started out with a SB Heavy 10 and as you might know how it is, put a LOT of money getting it in shape. Then I had a idea for something I later applied for a patent on, and needed a faster lathe so ended up with a Emco, out of a high school no less. Dollars and months later it was working good, it was an awesome machine.

So now I am downsizing my shop for a retirement move to a condo or town house. The Emco is gone the nice Grizzly medium sized mill is gone and I ended up with a Sieg C3 Mini lathe and a nice name brand drill press. I have also got a lot of interests, so I have a 3D Printer and a Galvo Fiber Laser machine.

So are discussions allowed about Chinese lathes, machines and modifications on those? I need to ask and if they are not allowed I will head on down the road. Thanks for letting me in the door.

I have a generic chinese lathe and have received tons of help here and have also posted many of my improvements.
The main rule is "Be nice to everyone" it works.
Go for it, there wont be any dissenting voices.

Welcome WM, plenty of discussions on all sorts of machines to include Chinese lathes and upgrades. Many helpful folks on this friendly site.
I see your a supporter too.

Yes, gets a little old on the "other" forums, the nitpicking the I know more than you, how dumb can you be and so on and so on. I have helped a lot of people with my God given skills and received help also,,, at times. Thanks for letting me get on the Board.

The nice thing about this site is there isn't a machine snobbery attitude because the moderators won't allow it and the members just don't do it. It's all about helping each other no matter what type of machines you use. Use what you can afford or what you can find, we just don't care. Welcome aboard.

Hi George,

are discussions allowed about Chinese lathes, machines and modifications on those?

Absolutely, jump in!
It sounds like you'd have a bundle of experiences to share on a range of different machines.

Welcome to the site!

-brino

Welcome to the forum. You have found the webs best resource for hobbyists and all machines from all countries. No snobs allowed here. You will find plenty of great information about Sieg machines and every conceivable project. This is truly the most friendly and helpful forums there is.

Roy

Welcome WM. If it wasn't for Asian affordable machines I wouldn't have been able to enjoy as much of this hobby as I have and so quickly. We don't knock those machines down we show how to build them up.

Looking forward to your contributions and enjoy.

David

Back