New PM 949

scott55

Registered
Registered
So I decided to jump into the deep end with both feet, and my new PM-949 TS is here.
It was actually delivered last week to my friend’s warehouse but he was out of town, so it had to wait.
Spend all day yesterday figuring out how to get it from there to my basement.
Ended up disassembling a lot of it and making 2 trips in order to be able to handle the weight.
Still have to figure out how to get the base and knee into the basement. I ended up parking the trailer in the garage for now until I can get some more assistance with moving it into the basement.

Initial impressions of the machine are excellent. It seems to be very well made and carefully finished. Everything moves smooth as glass. Can’t wait to get it up and running, but to be truthful that will take a while, as I still have to do more cleaning in order to make a spot for it and then reassemble it, run power, figure out how to setup the VFD, install the power feed, and DRO. I will have plenty to keep me busy for a while.

If anyone has hints or suggestions please feel free to provide them.
I am noob here and interested in learning.

IMG_20170925_020957780.jpg
IMG_20170925_221038610.jpg

Do you need to take the mill down the stairs, or do you have outside access to the basement. If the former, describe the stairs and access to them...

Actually I have a rollup garage door only issue will be backing uphill to it.
I "think" we have a useable plan to get it into the house and reasembled.
Getting enough height with the engine hoist to get it off of the trailer may be an issue.
I guess we shall see.

Be careful you don't blow through those stairs
No stairs to worry about. Have a full-size rollup garage door on the basement.
Hard part is the yard behind the basement slopes away pretty quickly and the trees are fairly close.
Maneuvering the truck and trailer is going to be the big challenge I think, also figuring how to lift the base and knee without the head on it.

Same machine and I should be able to start actually using it next week once I finish up some small open items on my installation :D
Do you plan to post pics of the DRO install?
I hope to be doing mine soon. Ideas are welcome.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No stairs to worry about. Have a full-size rollup garage door on the basement.
Hard part is the yard behind the basement slopes away pretty quickly and the trees are fairly close.
Maneuvering the truck and trailer is going to be the big challenge I think, also figuring how to lift the base and knee without the head on it.

just a minute I'll get you some pictures

Back