New PM20

Finally got power back last night (due to our 2nd snow/ice storm), and after some yard cleaning this morning decided to hit the shop for a bit and did my first machining! Just about finished the tramming aids... still need to drill for the bolts that will attach to the column.

That was fun... lokking forward to getting it trammed and working on something "bigger".

Looking good! I like the way you put a radius on the corners.

Bill

Finally got my tramming aids completed and the milled trammed to reasonable tolerances (no 3bolt mod, yet, so a tad off on y), and decided to start on an aluminum jig for my duck call inserts. After sawing the block, I machined the ends square then started on the 1-1/8" channel that goes through it (4" block, so having to go from both sides). I started by center drilling, then drilling with my largest drill bit (3/4"), then proceeded with a boring bar. As pictured below, it is drilled from both ends and bored to about 1 inch roughly 3" through... hope to finish boring today. Speaking of boring, what is the correct orientation of the boring cutting blade to the metal it is cutting? As you know, I'm new at this and learning as I go, so please offer suggestions or corrections if hou see something I've done silly.

IMG_20140301_210235_zps4wjatx4b.jpg

IMG_20140301_210523_zpsthjszxrf.jpg

IMG_20140301_210719_zpszxzhkkzb.jpg

IMG_20140301_212819_zpsm87f1lbf.jpg

I respect people that keep the plexi shields on their machines. I say this with no guards on any of my machines... I would have had that bugger off before it was plugged in. But they do keep the chips out of your hair/eyes!
nice looking machine!

I respect people that keep the plexi shields on their machines. I say this with no guards on any of my machines... I would have had that bugger off before it was plugged in. But they do keep the chips out of your hair/eyes!
nice looking machine!

Same here, my PM1236 came with the chuck guard which is nice cause it's connected to a lockout switch that prevents you from leaving the chuck key in. That guard just annoyed the hell out of me & doesn't shield chips or oil from flying so I took it off.

My mill doesn't come with any guards but I do have a mag mount shield that I use sometimes but only to help keep the chips from flying on the floor.

IMG_8926.jpg

Got my jig finished, and had a great time making an aluminum mess!

IMG_20140302_164244_zpsdtpfcil4.jpg

IMG_20140302_164157_zpsc7qzwhay.jpg

Back