1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

Nothing To Hide On This Site...

Discussion in 'PLEASE HELP SUPPORT OUR SITE - THESE PEOPLE DID!' started by Nels, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nels

Nels United States Founder Staff Member H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Eastern Queens
    State:
    New York

-Return to Top-

I have noticed that other sites have a "donate" link like we do.
    But what happens to that money is never stated. It's a big secret. (Shhh! Don't tell LOL)
    I strongly suspect that any excess goes quietly and surreptitiously into the pocket of the site owner.
    Maybe it covers expenses and maybe there is a little extra for him to keep. Who knows?

This site is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3). All donations are listed in this forum.
    All expenses must be accounted for. All donations are tax-deductible.
    Not a dime of what you donate goes into my pocket, or anyone else's.
    There are no secrets here. The donations are listed in this forum for all to see.

Wireaddict, MrFixIt, brino and 6 others like this.
  2. mmcmdl

mmcmdl H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Fallston
    State:
    Maryland

-Return to Top-

I myself encourage one and all to contribute to this sites mission . The information on here is " priceless " and all for the cost of a cold pizza .

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    JimDawson and sgisler like this.
  3. royesses

royesses United States H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Norman
    State:
    Oklahoma

-Return to Top-

I just looked for my donations in 2015 and am shocked. I made 2 donations in 2014 and 2 so far in 2016 but I never made any in 2015. Please accept my apology for being so lax in my responsibility to support the forum and people who provide me so much enjoyment. I'll make an extra one this year to make up for it. I want to thank the moderators also for donating their time to keep this forum so informative and civil. I urge everyone who can afford it to give to the forum what they can. Lets help defray the costs, and keep this forum going for future generations.

Roy

mmcmdl likes this.
  4. David S

David S Canada Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Brockville
    State:
    Ontario

-Return to Top-

I whole heartedly agree that this is one of the best sites to support. And like Roy I checked my donations and it reminded me to get back on track.

I have noticed that I don't see the indication that people have donated on their avatar window anymore. I wonder if it is still broken or if there are permissions I have to set in my preferences?

David

5. mmcmdl

mmcmdl H-M Supporter - Premium Content H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Fallston
    State:
    Maryland

-Return to Top-

I have to add , after digging deeper into this website I am shocked , in awe actually of some of the fine workmanship , the great ideas , projects and attention to detail that I have seen . It's jogged my old stagnant brain cells back to my job shop days . All I can say is WOW ! Great stuff here and it makes me want to push my plans for getting the shop up and running once more . There is something here for the novice to the professional , things you will never read in a book . I'm finding it quite addicting going thru the different threads . Once again , GREAT JOB by ALL here , Admins and posters alike . My interests are stirring .

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    brino likes this.
  6. Nels

Nels United States Founder Staff Member H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Eastern Queens
    State:
    New York

-Return to Top-

When you post your projects here, you are NOT helping the site owner or company become rich by selling advertising, magazines, or books or making money from showing their videos or anything else (like on other sites).
    You are helping other hobbyists, and that is it. That is our only goal as the ONLY nonprofit, 501(c)(3) machinist site around.
    Plus, we have no problem SHARING with others. We don't make a fuss if you want to post your projects elsewhere also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.