The new ones no longer had Tacumseh US engines. They now have Powermore Chinese engines.
As you know, we had one major storm only here, 28", so I used it once.
I ran out all the gas, so it wouldn't gum things up.
I put some Stabil gas treatment in too.
I didn't drain the carburetor, because it didn't say ya had to.
This season, I pulled, nothing. It isn't the spark plug because I used the electric ignition with an extension cord, and still nothing.
I am reasonably sure it is a jam in the carb jet. I removed the carb bowl and float and they are immaculate.
Today, I will remove and spray the jet with carb cleaner and probe it to remove any jam.
There is a YouTube video that covers this, if you have the same problem:
Removing the carb is a PITA. Follow his instructions to do it without a hitch.