Picked up my first bandsaw- Problems already

Recommend that you check the condition of the oil in the gear box. My second hand saw had very little oil in it due to no maintenance by the p.o. I cleaned out the old oil and filled it with new. Fortunately the gears were in good shape. Follow that manual provided above. I used the steel box cover as a pattern to cut out a new one from plexiglas so now I can easily see the oil level. Views are before running and during a cut.

view before running.JPGview while running.JPG

view before running.JPG view while running.JPG

Recommend that you check the condition of the oil in the gear box. My second hand saw had very little oil in it due to no maintenance by the p.o. I cleaned out the old oil and filled it with new. Fortunately the gears were in good shape. Follow that manual provided above. I used the steel box cover as a pattern to cut out a new one from plexiglas so now I can easily see the oil level. Views are before running and during a cut.

View attachment 46894View attachment 46895

I like that idea! I'll be "borrowing" that to do on my little ChiCom saw.

Thanks much,

-Ron

Is that actually oil or is it grease?

Great find, you will love it the more you use it, I have four of them bought my first one new had the same kind of motor that you have on that one, started doing the same thing then it got hot and caught on fire, let is burn a little just to see how long it would last, I replace with like I found the other three at yard sales, the last on was twenty dollars, run them at a slow speed cut better and the blades last longer, more tools the better, Joe

Back