Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

I did a few pieces in the oven with oil a while back and they came out with an uneven finish.
after cleaning they were just gray but haven't rusted.
Steve

I didn't make this, my friend Joe has the same mill as me but he converted his to CNC. One of his first projects was to make a spindle lock wrench for the mill to replace the piddley little soft one that comes with the mill that everyone breaks cause it is a loose fit and too soft. The mill he converted is the popular to G0759. The wrench is aluminum with a steel pin insert and a set screw to lock the pin in position. What a great upgrade, thanks Joe!

image.jpg

Jim

that came out nice
the chamfered edges really makes it look professional.
Steve

I don't know if this is a good thread? Makes me want to convert my mill and I didn't need any more reason to do it before you guys started posting pics of the stuff you have made! :)

Kevin, I need to think for a bit to figure out exactly how the heck you made that beehive ball thingy. You better be careful with that computer in the shop. I can hear you now, "Hal, ...Open the collet Hal. Hal, open the collet please..."

Jim

:apologize:Jim
[QUOTE="

Kevin, I need to think for a bit to figure out exactly how the heck you made that beehive ball thingy. You better be careful with that computer in the shop. I can hear you now, "Hal, ...Open the collet Hal. Hal, open the collet please..."

Jim[/QUOTE]

Jim, I do talk to my computer sometimes when it doesn't do what I want :)

The part is 3.0" in diameter and it is 2.5" across the flats so I was able to make all the cuts in the vise. I used an .063 wide slitting saw to cut the grooves around the sphere, I didn't take any pictures of that operation :apologize:

This is the first operation
021.JPG

2nd operation
026.JPG

3rd operation was to index part against the stop and machine the tapered step cuts
033.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

Kevin

Back