Pm 1022 V

jdsc

Registered
Registered
Hi,

Giving some serious thought to the PM 1022 V and wanted some first hand feedback from existing owners.
Also considering the Grizzly 10-22 equivalent, G0602 and the variable speed G0752.

Any input would be welcome particularly experience adapting a QC tool post and which threads can it make.

Thanks,
Jim

hi Jim, I'm in the same boat. I have a PM1030V on order. I can't seem to find any first hand info on the 1022/30 series myself. I hope they are half the machine they are said to be, a lot of people are recommending them but no real owners or reviews yet.

hi Jim, I'm in the same boat. I have a PM1030V on order. I can't seem to find any first hand info on the 1022/30 series myself. I hope they are half the machine they are said to be, a lot of people are recommending them but no real owners or reviews yet.

I guess you guys are going to have to both do an in depth review of your new lathes. I currently have a 7x12 and would love to trade up, but it will not happen for a year or two.

I'm glad to hear that others are having the same issue trying to find information on these two lathes. I thought it was me because you can certainly find a huge amount of information on the Grizzly equivalents. I hope existing owners with chime in with their experiences with the PM 1022 /30 so that we can have a better idea of what to expect and perhaps order. Thanks in advance to everyone for their comments and hope to see that first review soon.

Jer,

When do you expect your PM 1030V to arrive? And, what made you decide on the 1030 vs 1022? I think I know but would like to hear your reasoning.

Also, did you opt for the QC tool post offered by PM?

Thanks,

Jim

Matt said three to four weeks, last week, yes I ordered the PM1030V, $100 made the "upgrade" simple to my thinking and yes I ordered the stand and the QCTP. I started out looking for a 7x14 to 8x16 lathe but my machinist friend with a large lathe and mill "helped" me keep from having to do the old "twofootittis" thing. I may or may not have been happy with one of those but now I hope the 1030 will be just right for my needs/wants. Being a sub-novice level, read nothing since high school, in this field all I know is his large unit with a DRO.

Jim,
I tried to find reviews of the PM1022/1030 also and had no luck. I researched PM the best I could with favorable results. As for as the lathe I had my brother in law (a retired master machinist) review all the specs and accessories and he was very impressed with the lathe. I decided to order the PM1030V and am now waiting for it to come in (quoted 3 to 4 weeks by Matt). I don't think that I will need the extra 8 in. but for $100 it didn't make sense not to get the 1030.

Jon

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Any updates on the PM 1030V's that are on order.
I know both Jon and Jer have them on order and I'm anxious to get some first hand comments.
Thanks,
Jim

I got an email from Nicole last Friday (9/25) that the PM1030V lathes are here and awaiting customs. Once released, they will be trucked to PM and then checked out for sale. I hope to pick mine up within 1 to 2 weeks from now. I have my stand designed and am ordering the steel on Monday. Time to get welding!

Jon

Great news Jon. Keep us advised as to your progress. Exciting times.

Back