PM-1236 leak

mcoak

Registered
Registered
This morning I noticed a large amount of oil in the drip pan. The carriage feed sight glass has a bit of oil at the bottom. Previously it was about halfway.
Page 32 of the PM-1236 lists several oil seals. Has anyone had to replace oil seals on their PM-1236?
Thanks,
MItch

I do not recall anyone with that issue. I would give Matt a call and see if he has any info for you. Is your machine still under warranty? I'm sure either way you will get the answers you need.

My carriage doesn't leak a bit but the headstock sure does. I add a few ounces when it gets low. I figure the sight glasses are there for a reason so I use them.

Mine carriage leaks also. I pulled the face plate off to reveal the socket head bolts that hold the cover plate. Two of the bolts were stripped out. The bolts were really short so I got longer bolts and ran a tap through the housing to clean the threads, all tight now, still leaks. Its just a slow drip leak but it's a new machine too.
How long have you had your machine? Did it just start leaking?

I have a PM1236 that's about 8 yrs old, my carriage does drip some oil if it has been sitting unused for some days. Doesn't drip enough where I can notice a difference on the sight glass. I've never had to refill it, I change the oil every 1-2yrs. My headstock & gearbox only leak if they are overfilled.

Back