PM 932 mill power feed problem

Does this mean the pot is good? There are no markings on the outside of the pot so I can't give you it's rating.
The pot is a 5K unit, they are often +/10%. Seems like the pot is OK if when you sweep up and down with one lead connected to the wiper and the ohms evenly change without jumps or skips. Brushed do not look bad either. When you take the bushes out you might blow some air at light pressure in the brush holders to clear any dust from the bushes, sometimes I lightly sand the contacts with very fine sand paper or a contact file to clean any oxidation. On my drive there are switches for each direction that kick in when the lever is switched into forward/reverse, but I would not expect both directions do go at the same time. That it is intermittent and getting worse, might be a component failure in the speed control circuity or an intermittent connection, could be the brushes but doesn't explain why it would work with the high speed button.

Matt said the brushes are .625" new, mine are .536", not bad but he's sending me some new ones to try. He said the spring could be weak and I agree, that was the first thing I noticed when I removed them. If the brushes don't fix the problem Matt said to send it to him and he will repair it, great CS...as always!!!!

Reactions: Z2V
I had exactly the same thing happen on my 932. Matt suggested I check the brushes so I did. Didn't find any problem but the power feed has worked fine ever since??????

UPDATE...... Like Matt said, he sent a new power feed and everything is working fine again. THANK YOU Matt for all your help and the GREAT customer service!!!! Also, THANKS to all of you who commented, I love this forum!!!

Back