Power Feed Options For 727

kf4zht

Registered
Registered
The more I use my pm727 the more I miss having the power feed. The low machine height and the left side crank rattling around don't help.

I know that they sell a power feed as a factory option. Is this the best or has someone found something else that works better?

Also would be interested in adding a z power feed but I think that one may be easier to just find a servo motor.

I built one very similar to the above on my PM25, but used a Auto Window motor. I don't have a rapid, but it can feed all I need. Its direct drive with a dog clutch. (as above)

I built one very similar to the above on my PM25, but used a Auto Window motor. I don't have a rapid, but it can feed all I need. Its direct drive with a dog clutch. (as above)

Mine is a power seat motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm, I happen to have a grand cherokee in the backyard getting parted out right now. Sounds like ive got most of what I need. Thanks for the great ideas and video details

Hmm, I happen to have a grand cherokee in the backyard getting parted out right now. Sounds like ive got most of what I need. Thanks for the great ideas and video details

You're very welcomed. If you haven't already, be sure to check out the videos on the 12vdc power supply & the motor control.

Seat motor, window motor, & windshield wiper motor are your sources for gear motors in a vehicle.

Funny.. I had a 2004 Grand Cherokee and replaced every power window assembly twice.. so I have a lot of motors. Plan on using those for x an z power feed on the PM727

You're very welcomed. If you haven't already, be sure to check out the videos on the 12vdc power supply & the motor control.

Seat motor, window motor, & windshield wiper motor are your sources for gear motors in a vehicle.

Consider that the windshield wiper motor is the only one rated for continuous duty and normally the easiest to get to in a wrecking yard. The others are intermittent duty.

What about using the motor from a 12v cordless drill, I have a couple older ones kicking around and am thinking one of those combined with a motor speed control from eBay etc. one could assemble a nice unit

Hello, friends. My first post here. I just got a PM-727V, installed it in my garage, and started producing chips.

I have zero machining experience—I took a two-day class at our local maker space—and look forward to climbing the learning curve.

I'm interested in using a windshield wiper motor to make an X-axis power feed (since I have an extra windshield wiper motor from a long-ago Halloween prop and would like an X-axis power feed). I see a reference above to "videos," but I don't see links to videos. Where should I be looking?

Thanks,
MB

The more I use my pm727 the more I miss having the power feed. The low machine height and the left side crank rattling around don't help.

I know that they sell a power feed as a factory option. Is this the best or has someone found something else that works better?

Also would be interested in adding a z power feed but I think that one may be easier to just find a servo motor.

Back