Prayers for our daughter

Uglydog

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My youngest daughter 21years old leaves toward Madagascar Wednesday 8/13/14.
She graduated from college this past spring, and wants to begin earning her Masters of Social Work when she returns Fall of 2015.
My wife and I won't be surprised if she ends up at Seminary. But, that's Ellen's dialogue with God, not with us.
The ELCA (Lutheran Church) is sending her, and several dozen others every which direction around the world.
While they are officially listed as missionaries. Their real role is to "walk" with the people and learn that while the world is large and complicated, people are people regardless of their socioeconomic status. People giggle when they are silly, cry when they hurt, etc. Her assignment is to teach English at a school. She has a friend who will be teaching welding in Nigeria.

If you get a chance please include her, and her peers, in your prayers.

Should you want to occasionally follow her blog you can check in here:
http://ellenmadagascar.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Yes, I'm a little nervous. Perhaps even afraid.

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

Your has a beautiful soul. it sounds like a wonderful learning experience.
Rich
(I am sure mom and dad did their best to teach her these things)

Daryl, you and your wife have done well to teach your daughter excellent values, and I am sure you are quite proud of her. I can easily understand your concern and worry over her, it is natural for a parent to worry about a child. But, we must remember that our children that have grown into young adults are very capable of great and difficult things. All we need to do is keep our faith in God, our youth, and in the job we did raising them.

In the mean time, I will pray for her safety as she makes her way to some of the far flung corners of our planet. When she returns she will have many great stories to tell, and she will be an even better person for all of it.

You are a lucky man Daryl. She will do well.

"Billy G"

My youngest daughter 21years old leaves toward Madagascar Wednesday 8/13/14.
She graduated from college this past spring, and wants to begin earning her Masters of Social Work when she returns Fall of 2015.
My wife and I won't be surprised if she ends up at Seminary. But, that's Ellen's dialogue with God, not with us.
The ELCA (Lutheran Church) is sending her, and several dozen others every which direction around the world.
While they are officially listed as missionaries. Their real role is to "walk" with the people and learn that while the world is large and complicated, people are people regardless of their socioeconomic status. People giggle when they are silly, cry when they hurt, etc. Her assignment is to teach English at a school. She has a friend who will be teaching welding in Nigeria.

If you get a chance please include her, and her peers, in your prayers.

Should you want to occasionally follow her blog you can check in here:
http://ellenmadagascar.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Yes, I'm a little nervous. Perhaps even afraid.

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

Daryl--our prayers are for Ellen and her friends and the rest of your family--remember that when we put them in Gods hands that we have no reason to fear for their safety---be at peace for her adventure to a faraway location and pray that she brings enjoyment and knowledge to those in need----Dave

Our prays are with her and her calling.

I know that He will guide her in her path.

Added he blog to my bookmarks and will follow her endeavor.
The world needs more young people like her.
Best wishes and prayers to her and her cohorts.
Dave:))

She has prayer warriors she has never met. I am now one of them!

Jake Parker

Hi Daryl, I think most of us are nervous & sometimes afraid when our children go on an adventure of some kind, my daughter is 30yrs now but I still worry :)
I am sure she will be fine m8, and it will prove to be a very good experience for her.
Take care m8.
Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
Back