Prayers for our daughter

What an awesome adventure for her! I well pray for her, but from the looks of it, she's already divinely protected. :) My heart tells me she's gonna be just fine. She'll remember this the rest of her life. ;-)

She seems to be doing well!
Her writing is improving as documented in her blogs: http://ellenmadagascar.blogspot.com/
She is also on island on the east side of Africa well away from the Ebola, or at least where Ebola is currently rampant.
Additionally, I'm told I'm going to Madagascar for Christmas.
Interestingly, Ellen has set me up to spend a day in a local "welding shop".
Not sure if that means traditional blacksmithing, Ody-Acetalyene (making there own Acetylene), or a a machine shop.
Given the unpredictable supply of electricity this should be interesting.
Regardless, I'm looking forward to the adventure and seeing Ellen and admiring her adventure.

Daryl
MN

Her writing is improving as documented in her blogs: http://ellenmadagascar.blogspot.com/
She is also on island on the east side of Africa well away from the Ebola, or at least where Ebola is currently rampant.
Not sure if that means traditional blacksmithing, Ody-Acetalyene (making there own Acetylene), or a a machine shop.
Regardless, I'm looking forward to the adventure and seeing Ellen and admiring her adventure.

Daryl
MN

You realize, of course, that we will be expecting a full write up with tons of photos upon your return!!

Daryl
MN

Daryl---are you planning on taking your empty trailer with you just in case you find a real good bargain on a big machine to bring back? have a good trip and tell your daughter hi----Dave

Thanks for the idea Dave.
I contacted the airline and we arranged a trial flight.
Initially they had some concerns. They responded well when I observed that their plane wasn't made by Chevrolet.
However, I'm gonna have to learn how to better secure the load.

Daryl
MN

airplane-and-trailer.jpg

Call my buddy Sam. He'll teach you all he knows about load securement.

A-Truck-Overloaded-With-Other-Trucks.jpg

:roflmao:

A-Truck-Overloaded-With-Other-Trucks.jpg

The hardest thing that us as parents can do is to allow our sons and daughters to go forth in the world = all the values and knowledge are already influencing their choices - sitting back and allowing them to make their own decisions is tempered by the guidance and knowledge to know right from wrong - With God's help and direction, they will make their contributions to mankind - if everyone attempted to give of themselves, the world would be a better place - it is unfortunate that some of the younger generation is in it for "me first" and look what I got compared to everyone else. You should be proud that your daughter wants to volunteer part of her life in helping others - God will watch over her!

Back