prototrak plus

777mechanic

Active User
Registered
i just bought a mill with a prototrak plus , everything works great other the user (me) can't stop it from running 4" cirlce program i set in it . try to set bolt hole and it jumps to circle again . question about tool no# it asks for in the last 2 steps then dia of bit . don't know what tool no# means . wondering if its set from last owner and remembers his tools no#s any help would be great , don't want to cut 4" circles the rest of my life .

get a manual... prototraks are easy to run, but are programmed kind of odd..

sounds like you are not actually writing a new program..

you will have to write or input the program then call the new program up... I'm thinking its called a drill event..

Last edited:
i do have the manual and its very mundane to say the least , but when i'm loading each step it loads fine til i get the part that says tool# . example is fin cut load 0 the set , then load feed rate numeric number data then set , next comes load tool# they say use numeric data set (press only set if same as last event ) this the part that i don't know what tool# means . here's a pic of manual so it explains itself .

IMG_0495.jpg

Last edited:
i do have the manual and its very mundane to say the least , but when i'm loading each step it loads fine til i get the part that says tool# . example is fin cut load 0 the set , then load feed rate numeric number data then set , next comes load tool# they say use numeric data set (press only set if same as last event ) this the part that i don't know what tool# means . here's a pic of manual so it explains itself .

You pick a tool number for each tool. So, tool #1 could be a 13/16" drill, tool #2 is a 5/8" end mill, etc.

Ok I get that but what if previous owner had 1 as a 15/16 bit how do I clear so I can start fresh

Have you tried to contact Southwestern Industries (the folks who make the control) 800-367-3165 to see if you can get a manual?

Last edited:
Yes I did but of course the guy I needed to talk to left for the holiday , they said Monday so I thought someone could help me til then . Just wanted to get some projects done this weekend

Yes I did but of course the guy I needed to talk to left for the holiday , they said Monday so I thought someone could help me til then . Just wanted to get some projects done this weekend

If you aren't concerned with keeping the old steps in the control, delete everything and start fresh. Press EDIT three times to get to the delete function, and delete from 1 to 99. That should clear your control of old steps/programs. Then when you program, it will only perform the steps you have programmed from that point on. I like to clear the control when I'm doing a new part - it makes it easier to remember what is what.

Now press either "Inc Set" or "Abs Set". it will now ask for "Event Number", so enter "1", and press "Inc Set" or "Abs Set". Now enter the last event number you want to delete, and I usually want them all cleaned out so I enter "99". Hit "Inc Set or "Abs Set" and the memory should now be clear. Hit "Restore" to get back to the main page/home state. That "Restore" button is essentially your "Reset."

i got this from a member on another website and it did the trick , now i can run any program i want . worst part was it's not in the manual proottrak emailed me

Now press either "Inc Set" or "Abs Set". it will now ask for "Event Number", so enter "1", and press "Inc Set" or "Abs Set". Now enter the last event number you want to delete, and I usually want them all cleaned out so I enter "99". Hit "Inc Set or "Abs Set" and the memory should now be clear. Hit "Restore" to get back to the main page/home state. That "Restore" button is essentially your "Reset."

i got this from a member on another website and it did the trick , now i can run any program i want . worst part was it's not in the manual proottrak emailed me
Deleting and editing events is in the manual, towards the end I believe.

Back