Public School Auction in Pasadena, Texas

What a shame that these units were left to rust away before offering them for sale. Neglect kills.

It is sad to know our HS vocational education is almost dead. Back in the 70's and early 80's every public HS in Tucson offered a multitude of shop classes giving hope to us all.
I hope those machines can be brought back to life. We don't get offers around here like that.

It's the same photo for each machine! Maybe at 100 bucks each, you could buy the lot and have enuf decent parts to make one functioning machine. I have a SB Fourteen in much better shape than shown here. How does a voc-Ed shop allow their equipment to reach such a state, in a climate controlled building? Wouldn't touch these.

A private school here where I teach aviation 1o1 has closed the wood shop due to increased insurance costs. The shop teacher has lost his job.

I was working on a boiler in a school district recently, they dragged all of the wood and metal tools outside, broke them up into little pieces and the scrapper took them. Unable to sell them due to liability issues, could not be auctioned, transferred to another school or sold. I see this in schools and factories all the time.

GE sold a lathe to a guy about 20 yrs ago, about 5 yrs after he bought it, he lost 3 fingers using the lathe, he sued GE. GE won the case after many months of wrangling, now its easier and safer for the facility to scrap it.

And yet any young person with some cash can buy an automobile and wrap it around a tree. Makes perfect sense.
Mark

Back