Question for pm932m owners

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
I'm getting ready to order a 932m and I'm wondering how is the fit and finish did you need to shim the column to tram it to the table like you have to do to round column mill drills? ??

I'm getting ready to order a 932m and I'm wondering how is the fit and finish did you need to shim the column to tram it to the table like you have to do to round column mill drills? ??

See my post in your other thread regarding shimming the column. The fit and finish on my mill was very good in spite of the beating it took during shipping.

I have the 932pdf which is basically the same as yours. The F&F was average, it's Chinese so they use alot of Bondo. I had to shim the front of the column .004" to get it trammed in. I've had it about 3 years and I'm happy with it.

I did not have to shim my column...

Fit and finish is pretty good but as stated above it has a lot of bondo, mine has gotten a few chips and cracks in the finish, not a big deal and is purely cosmetic. I may touch it up at some point...

I am very happy with my machine!! Has done everything I've asked of it so far and am impressed with accuracy...

Good Luck with yours!!

Back