Ready made gear vendors?

Jmanb13

Registered
Registered
I am looking for a supplier of a 127 tooth gear to go with the stock 120 tooth gear on my 1946 Leblond in order to enable metric threading.

I know I could go to leblond and buy one, but they charge so much $$ I might as well buy a brand new lathe ;)

Looking at the layout of the stock gears and how they are designed, they are incredibly simple. The stock 120 tooth gear runs on an oiled shaft without any keyways or bearings. I would just need to make a new extended shaft, shift the gear stock gear out put the new gear behind it and pin them together. Then its just a matter of flipping the gear on the gearbox to mate up with stock gear while the 127 tooth gear mates up with the drive gear.

The stock gear is 120 teeth, 5/8 wide, 3/4 bore and I assume a 14.5* pressure angle due to its age, not currently sure of the pitch.

A 127 tooth 5/8 wide 3/4 bore 14.5* pressure angle would be perfect, but anything in the 1/2 to 3/4 wide with basically any bore would be adaptable.

Am wondering if you have a mill and dividing head?

Daryl
MN

Try KHK.USA 259 Elm Place, Mineola, NY 11501 1516-248-3850 email info@ khkgears.us.
They have the largest selection of metric gears in North America.
Cheers
Martin W

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try KHK.USA 259 Elm Place, Mineola, NY 11501 1516-248-3850 email info@ khkgears.us.
They have the largest selection of metric gears in North America.
Cheers
Martin W

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion Martin! I looked there page and all they sell is Metric gears. I need an Imperial gear to match up with my current gears to enable me to thread screws in metric. A combination of 120/127 converts imperial screw threads to metric screw threads.

A 127 is a difficult task on a dividing head. Old school required a universal dividing head.
I have an electronic that would probably not know it's difficult.

Back