Really have my hands full

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Most of you know about my dad having Dementia and being in a memory care facility, now my mom is in the hospital with heart conditions. She's been taking baby asprin & nitro pills for a few days I've noticed so I made her make a Dr. appointment but the Dr. had me take her to ER. to get some blood work & EKG, they kept her overnight for observation but this morning the gave her a stress test & she couldn't finish it so they are keeping her for further tests. My oldest sister won't take or return phone calls from me or my mother nor has she called my dad. My brother just started a new job so he needs to stay where he's at and I don't know anything about my younger sister as she does not talk to anybody either. The only people that have called my dad since he's been in the home is his grandson, granddaughter (my daughter) & my brother. It's a sad affair.

Keep them in your thoughts please

Charley

Charley,

So sorry to hear about your Mom. Timing is everything, huh? I know this is really tough on you.....in all aspects. Please know that there are a lot of folks here on the forum that are thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best. There ARE brighter days ahead. Hang in there.

Steve

Most of you know about my dad having Dementia and being in a memory care facility, now my mom is in the hospital with heart conditions. She's been taking baby asprin & nitro pills for a few days I've noticed so I made her make a Dr. appointment but the Dr. had me take her to ER. to get some blood work & EKG, they kept her overnight for observation but this morning the gave her a stress test & she couldn't finish it so they are keeping her for further tests. My oldest sister won't take or return phone calls from me or my mother nor has she called my dad. My brother just started a new job so he needs to stay where he's at and I don't know anything about my younger sister as she does not talk to anybody either. The only people that have called my dad since he's been in the home is his grandson, granddaughter (my daughter) & my brother. It's a sad affair.

Keep them in your thoughts please

Charley

Charlie I am sorry to learn this news about your parents and siblings. My Dad had Dementia and my Mother was his caregiver. They were married about 50 years. Luckily my Sister is a nurse and I was laid off. So Mom and I cared for him when he well enough. After Dad passed away Mom's health slowly declined. She had weakness in her legs and wasn't feeling well. She had a heart attack and didn't know it. So do your best to love and support your Parents. Try to forgive your siblings too. May GOD grant you the Strength and Grace to carry on.

Last edited:
I echo everything everybody else said. It's a good thing that you were around to see to your mom too. Hang in there. It seems to me like your in the right place at the right time. I'm praying for everyone involved, including you. :halo:

Charlie--My prayers are with you and your family in this uncomfortable time in your lives--no one knows what each other is going through, so just do the best you can and forgive others for their
different approaches to the situation.------Just know --that we all here-- care a lot about your families difficult time, and we pray that times will get better for you soon.

---Dave

Thanks guys, Brought my Mom home today, she told she was gonna check herself out so they let her go. She has to go to her reg. Dr. in a few days for a followup and I will go with her so I can talk to her Dr..

Thanks for caring

Charley,

Even though it seems unfair, and it is unfair, that you should have to bear this entire burden yourself remember that nothing you do will change the actions of your siblings.
You just have to step up and bear it knowing that you at least did all you could to make these final years just a little bit better for your parents and indeed for yourself as well.
Hang in there and do what you must. Doing so will gladden your soul and nourish your spirit.
My hat is off to you my friend and you have my respect and my condolences.

Charley,
You kow you can count on my prayers to help you along with this challenge. I wish you the best of luck and remind you to not forget to take good care of yourself at this time too. It is very easy to get wrapped up in the events and forget to eat and lose too much sleep and end up sick yourself too. So be carefull and we will all pull for you till then.

Bob

Charlie I am sorry to learn this news about your parents and siblings. My Dad had Dementia and my Mother was his caregiver. They were married about 50 years. Luckily my Sister is a nurse and I was laid off. So Mom and I cared for him when he well enough. After Dad passed away Mom's health slowly declined. She had weakness in her legs and wasn't feeling well. She had a heart attack and didn't know it. So do your best to love and support your Parents. Try to forgive your siblings too. May GOD grant you the Strength and Grace to carry on.

I can't type and think some times; "when he well enough" should have been "when he was well enough" Later it took the three of us to care for him. Mom wanted him to live at home, helped to keep him calm.

Last edited:
Back