Received my PM949 and PM1340GT!!!

Chevy

I think I need to purchase a ticket, fly down and inspect exactly how you accomplished such a clean install. While I'm there I hope to figure out how you keep your shop so pristine. I'm thinking all of the work will require about 10 days. Okay if I bunk down with you for the duration?

Mind you, this has nothing to do with the endlessly dreary days here in New Endland or the fact that you live in a tropical paradise; it's all about setting up a better shop....

Haha Come visit anytime man. We're far from a paradise as we have our own problems just like any other place but I can't argue about the weather, its beautiful most of the year with the exception of a some bad days during rainy season.

Thanks for the compliments.

Chevy

Nice work Chevy, As ALWAYS!! I did finally get my Z - axis hooked up - similar to yours but I did cover the scale with the shield (presume yours is off for photo purposes?). Due to the standoff from the mill frame I hung a piece of rubber I had lying around to block debris from getting in from
the backside. It looks a bit sloppy but works well and is very easy to clean around as it moves. As you can see I have no aversion to using the cast

brackets to support the sensor with a couple of add on plates to complete the mounting. Can't say thank you enough for the ideas and help. Between you and Mark Jacobs I was able to get this set up and running which would have taken me MUCH longer and not turned out as well had you guys not been there.
Alex

The frustration of that power cord for the X axis power feed hanging down is a tough one, if I tie it to the power cords to the control panel mounted in front of the knee I still have a big droop but then it hangs closer to where I work (not sure that makes sense but it is annoying)
Alex

Looks great Alex!

I have a cover on mine as well but it was off for the sake of pictures..if you look at the bar my Z scales mount to you can see the threaded holes for it.

Chevy

Thanks Chevy, I meant what I said, you and guys like Mark Jacobs and David Best certainly inspire people and enable some of us to do things we've never done before or had any knowledge of.

Nice work Chevy, As ALWAYS!! I did finally get my Z - axis hooked up - similar to yours but I did cover the scale with the shield (presume yours is off for photo purposes?). Due to the standoff from the mill frame I hung a piece of rubber I had lying around to block debris from getting in from
the backside. It looks a bit sloppy but works well and is very easy to clean around as it moves. As you can see I have no aversion to using the cast

brackets to support the sensor with a couple of add on plates to complete the mounting. Can't say thank you enough for the ideas and help. Between you and Mark Jacobs I was able to get this set up and running which would have taken me MUCH longer and not turned out as well had you guys not been there.
Alex

View attachment 289283View attachment 289284
The frustration of that power cord for the X axis power feed hanging down is a tough one, if I tie it to the power cords to the control panel mounted in front of the knee I still have a big droop but then it hangs closer to where I work (not sure that makes sense but it is annoying)
Alex

Looks good Alex, I did something similar but I did not install the cover, (yet) figured it was far enough away from the chips that it wouldn't be an issue.

Cable management is an art and I'm still working out the best way for me to clean them up and out of the way but not restrict any travel or functionality.

BTW, what's with the colour of the floor, you copying Chevy?:)

David.

David: I copied Chevy on lots of stuff but not floor paint! Friend of mine built a house 2 years before we did (we finished our build about 5 1/2 yrs ago) and did his garage and shop floors with that blue epoxy paint and the color was simply that of his favorite shirt, I liked it so I copied it. That paint is AMAZING, tough and easy to clean - really happy with it.
As to the cables, I did not even try to hang one of them until I had everything wired and hung and then tried a number of ways to deal with it but there ain't no purfect way I guess!
Alex

Inspired by Chevy (and I've had the pleasure of being in his "Operating Room") I'm about to purchase my mill. Hope to emulate some of his fine work and tap his resources when I get stuck. Great build log Bro!

Excellent work on all of the setup!! I love the clean shop.....a man after my own heart. I've had people in my shop ask if I even use it because it's so clean. Of course I do but cleaning up afterward is always part of whatever project I'm working on. I'm the same way with my home......you wouldn't think somebody even lives there. Again great work and nice machines!

Hardest part is telling the wife
I started dropping hints last week!
:rofl:

Shipping from Coraopolis, PA to Miami, FL is US$500, Shipping from Miami Florida to Trindad is US$270 …No duty, 12.5% local tax, brokerage fees and transport.
Factory across the street will lend me their forklift to get it off the truck and into my garage. Once uncrated, my cherry picker will get it off the pallet and onto a delrin skid I will build. The table will have to come off to clear 32" doorways. Then its a straight shot from the garage via kitchen, laundry and into the shop. Will use a 12v winch mounted on the skid and a floor mounted anchor point in the shop to drag it through and over the porcelain tiles which will have some soapy water thereon, hence the delrin skids. Once in the shop, the cherry-picker will be used to pick it up off the skids and inch it into final position.
Best laid plans are those of men and mice!
:nerd_face:
:rofl:

Back