Sb9 Drive/step Pulley Repair

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
I have not used my SB9C in several years, other than to turn it by hand to make sure it is free. I default to my Grizzly 10-27 for all work I do. I stopped using the SB9 when it developed a "squeek" in the drive/step pulleys. I told myself I would repair it when I retired, that and some other things with the lathe, and "Lo-n-Behold!" I am retired. I will look to see if line boring is in order and replacing whatever type of bearings are there. Problem is I have no schematic/exploded view of this piece.

I can see a set screw (not shown) on the drive pulley outside hub and another on the step pulley (shown in photo), are they all I'll need to remove to disassemble this pulley arrangement and move on to repair? Will I need a puller to dismantle or just a brass bar to bump it out?

Any help?

Charles Spencer,

Thank you, its a bit different than the arrangement I have but it looks like the important parts are the same.

Whyemier the appreciative:aok::danke:

Are you sure the squeak is not from the belt rubbing on the side of the step next to it? Mine does that it if its not aligned perfectly. The belt will walk over to the next step and rub on the side of it, causing a squeaking sound.

Are you sure the squeak is not from the belt rubbing on the side of the step next to it? Mine does that it if its not aligned perfectly. The belt will walk over to the next step and rub on the side of it, causing a squeaking sound.

Yea, fairly certain. It's been awhile but I ran it without the belt load (took the belt off) and as I remember me it still squeeked. I'll run through it again before I tear it apart. :mechanic:So thanks for the reminder.

Back