Sheldon Compound Gib For An 11x36

Craig,

If you have the original taper attachment, pull the gib screw from the upper slide. That is more than likely the correct screw used on the compound. At least the part number matches up with the number on my gib screw on the my taper attachment. It is a very simple screw to make. Just thought of something, the lower tapered gib might could be a donor gib to the compound. The tapered gib on my compound was on a .180" taper per foot. You can set up and measure the taper on you existing compound slide in your mill. Easy to do and you don't need a long travel indicator. A digital readout helps but not necessary. Ken

Craig,

If you have the original taper attachment, pull the gib screw from the upper slide. That is more than likely the correct screw used on the compound. At least the part number matches up with the number on my gib screw on the my taper attachment. It is a very simple screw to make. Just thought of something, the lower tapered gib might could be a donor gib to the compound. The tapered gib on my compound was on a .180" taper per foot. You can set up and measure the taper on you existing compound slide in your mill. Easy to do and you don't need a long travel indicator. A digital readout helps but not necessary. Ken

Now that's a thought I hadn't had yet, (I must be slipping in my dotage) and since the lower gib in the taper is longer, it could well be a donor. I'll sure check it out, thanks.

Back