Shop Lighting Commentary

If you use the drop in kind of LED bulbs, the ballasts are still in the circuit causing inefficiency. It would be
much better to get the kind that does not include the ballast in the circuit with 120 volts applied directly
to the ends of the bulbs. Drop in is easy but maybe not the best way to go in my opinion.

you can make your own relatively easily and for not that much money. I made these yesterday in about 4h for roughly $5 each.
IMG_4442.JPG IMG_4444.JPG IMG_4445.JPG

At one point every light in my part of the shop was out of action. (I blame this on the EDM situated directly behind me.) The only light I had
to work with was an old, but extremely hardy lamp attached to the lathe itself. Spooky but a nice change of scenery, Hazard pay would have been
nice though.

I had 15 4 ft 2 bulb t-8 fixtures replaced all bulbs with led's from home depot worked great just as bright lots less draw. replaced all bulbs in my house with led's power bill down bill

I don't believe that the old ballasts are thousands of volts.

They aren't "thousands of volts". They are inductors which briefly generate thousands of volts when the current through them is broken or initiated, which is what the starters do after their heating cycle, if the tubes then conduct the starters do not function further.

It's Physics Jim ;-)

Have two of these to replace the two double 40 watt fluorescent sets I had before. Got them at Costco. Made to hang from the ceiling and have 120 volt plug on the ends. They are much better light and start in the cold.IMG_1604.JPG

I put 15 4 ft 4500 lump lights in our 40 by 48 building. You can read a bandaid rapper at 10 ft in the worst corner. Trusses are 12 ft from floor put 3 lights on every other truss.
Thanks ron

Back