Small lathe identification

carlquib

Registered
Registered
I stumbled on this little lathe at a local shop. It looks quite complete with the jaw chuck, collet chuck and some pot chucks. Can anyone identify it?
fd07b63ec95f3bc25f3c6a27c669bf98.jpg

01bcf8cb237c5da54b347320ac8839df.jpg

Hello, my name is Brian and I'm a toolaholic.

Last edited:
I stumbled on this little lathe at a local shop. It looks quite complete with three jaw chuck, collet chuck and some pot chucks. Can anyone identify it?
fd07b63ec95f3bc25f3c6a27c669bf98.jpg

01bcf8cb237c5da54b347320ac8839df.jpg

I hope I got the pictures uploaded right. I tried to use the paperclip but it still asks if I want Tapatalk tior host the images. ???

Last edited:
Small lathe.jpg Small lathe headstock.jpg Small lathe.jpg Small lathe headstock.jpg Hopefully the third time is the charm. Files uploaded directly to the site, I hope.

Fun!!
Can you measure the swing and bed length?
Any idea of the tapers or spindle threads?
Did she come out of a jewelers shop?

Daryl
MN

Nice find.someone will chime in with info soon,good luck with it

Fun!!
Can you measure the swing and bed length?
Any idea of the tapers or spindle threads?
Did she come out of a jewelers shop?

Daryl
MN
I think it came from an estate sale. I think the swing is about 6" maybe 12" between centers. It is definitely a clock makers lathe, no carriage feed. I think the tail stock had a number 1 Morse taper and a surprising amount of travel for the small diameter of the quill. At first glance I thought it might be one of the craftsman variety, but a closer look didn't yield any identifying marks. The swiveling head stock was interesting as well, with the current drive set up you couldn't swivel it very far, obviously not original.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Back