Some Pictures Of The Pm-1228vf-lb

qualitymachinetools

Active User
H-M Supporter - Site Sponsor
Have some pictures of the 1228 that people have been asking for, just a few pics that are interesting to look at. Shipment is on the way in, we will have better pictures then.

6.jpg

1.JPG

any Idea when the shipment will arrive

Should be around the end of July, maybe a little in to August from what it looks like now. Hopefully no delay from the big typhoon, I have been getting a few emails from shippers about that, but other than that, not much longer.

Should be around the end of July, maybe a little in to August from what it looks like now. Hopefully no delay from the big typhoon, I have been getting a few emails from shippers about that, but other than that, not much longer.
OK thank you for the update

Matt,

That is a nice lathe. Thank you for posting, if I were in the market for smaller lathe, I will buy this before I will buy a used heavy 10.

If you don't mind sharing, in what city in China are these lathes being manufactured? Just curious.

Last edited:
I can't remember the name of the city, I've been there but they all sound the same to me ha ha. Why were you wondering, do you go to china sometimes? I don't think they would let you in to this place, it's not part of the main place with a showroom and things if that is the case.

These are made by sieg, with a lot of changes we have made on them, but not at the place shown on their web site.

I can't remember the name of the city, I've been there but they all sound the same to me ha ha. Why were you wondering, do you go to china sometimes? I don't think they would let you in to this place, it's not part of the main place with a showroom and things if that is the case.

I was an expat in China for 4 years and I've been back and forth since I repatriate. In Tianjin, the port city for Beijing, where we did the largest investment in all of China at that time, I still have a few friends in the government and in the business sector.

It is more of a curiosity, when I was there was some talk that some of the machinery manufacturing have German engineers providing quality and engineering expertise in Dalian and other cities. At that time I was not interested in machining so I did not pay that much attention to the news. Another surprise to some, the manufacturing might of China across all businesss sectors was mostly powered by Taiwanese expertise. The Chinese are smart business people.

Back